Sonoff S20 US Alternative

I bought 2 Sonoff S20 (US.v1.1.1) from itead, soldered headers on, loaded ESPEASY, configured in HA and within a week one unit died. Could still flash software but no longer connecting to wifi or able to toggle electricity.

2nd chance bought 2 Sonoff S20 (US v1.3) from Banggood soldered headers on, loaded ESPEASY, configured in HA and within a month one unit died. Again could flash the software but no longer connecting to wifi or able to toggle electricity.

Neither unit had a heavy load just a lamp with a 40 watt bulb. 50% isn’t acceptable, so I’m looking for a wifi switch that I can load ESPEASY onto & be able to control thru Home Assistant that has a good track record.

Recommendations Please, thanks.

So no one can recommend a device to replace the Sonoff S20’s?

I dont have any S20 but I am currently using 2 Sonoff Pows and 1 Sonoff standard switches for about the past year without any issues.

I have also used one of these that seemed to be of pretty good quality:
https://www.gearbest.com/living-appliances/pp_344666.html?wid=1433363

If you get one keep in mind there are 2 versions, a wifi and zigbee versions, I know the zigbee version is supported for HA but you require a Xiaomi hub. The wifi version also looks like it might be supported without the hub but I havent tried it:

Thanks for your reply I will look into these. I know the US version of the S20 is different than the European version from the tear down videos I’ve been watching. Can’t help but think the US version is not up to spec somehow. Thanks