Sonoff SNZ-02D stops updating

Every now and then one of my room temp sensors (different one each time) stops sending updates and I have to re-pair it (hold the button for 5sec whilst scanning for new devices, it pairs with the same name).

I am close to abandoning the things - any ideas? I have routers near them, it seems to be a firmware issue they have wireless symbols in them. About once a week they stop updating the temperature readings.

So far I have written a monitoring script at least to detect when they stop…

ZHA user

Do a google search for this:

site:home-assistant.io improving zigbee mesh

Find stuff like this that might help…
Zigbee range and how to improve.

The Home Assistant Cookbook - Index.

It’s probably a mesh or an interference issue in my opinion.

But as soon as I re-pair them they are fine for example for a week and a half. On any radio network that shares the spectrum with others I would expect to get some dropped data packets. The one that stuck yesterday is in the same room as a dedicated router stick in fact it is 3ft from the router and its associated with it.

It seems like the firmware on these devices just is not resilient enough, it should recover easily on its own, shouldn’t need my assistance ?

I am wondering how to debug to see if there is incoming data still , there might be some defect with ZHA here.

Edit: Co-ordinator is :

EZSP
by Silicon Labs
Firmware: 6.10.3.0 build 297

Search this forum for Sonoff zigbee sensors. Feedback isn’t generally great for their battery powered devices.