Sonoff SNZB-02D does not report temperature changes to HA

I have Home Assistant core installed on a Khadas VIM1S, equipped with a SONOFF ZigBee 3.0 USB Dongle

I have successfully integrated various Zeegbee devices such as a Sonoff SNZB-01 button and a LiXee ZiPulses who both works fine.

When adding a SONOFF SNZB-02D, it appears to be correctly identified and integrated in zha:

However, the reported values of temperature and humidity sensors who are correctly initialised at integration time remain forever frozen, while the displayed values change significantly.

I have two SNZB-02D devices, both have the same issue.

I have also coupled these two devices to a SONOFF ZBBridge, in that case, temperature and humidity are correctly reported to the eWeLink App on my iphone.

So, the problems seems to be in the coupling with the ZigBee dongle.
Any help on this would be definitely appreciated !

They should work, according to

How far are they located from your dongle ? Is your dongle connected using an USB extension cable ?

Might be interference or lack of Zigbee Router devices in network mesh to achive the needed range and coverage, see → Zigbee networks: how to guide for avoiding interference and optimize for getting better range + coverage

Francis, thanks for your feedback. The dongle is plugged directly on the USB port on the khadas board. and I had the sensor located at less than 3 meters of the dongle.
Anyway , after performing a second, then a third pairing, I have finally both sensors reporting temperature changes !

@Hedda: Thanks for the feedback and providing the link to your great Zigbee interference guide !
The malfunctioning devices were less than 2 meters from the Zigbee dongle, so it could not be a range issue.
As mentionned earlier, I finally managed to get the devices reporting the temperature, however one is still not reporting the humidity …

I am quite puzzled with a mention in the guide:

While both ZHA and Zigbee2MQTT do support older Zigbee Coordinator adapters based on the old Texas Instruments CC253x (CC2530 and CC2531) they are not recommended any longer, so spare yourself the potential grief and instead just buy a newer Zigbee Coordinator adapter from the start.

I have bought quite recently the Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus , and yet HA indicates the coordinator to be Texas Instrument CC253x ??? (see screen copy below.)
Do you think I get an outdated firmware on this Dongle ? Should I try to upgrade the firmware ?
Regards

The Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus is a CC2652p, not a CC253x

Such pairing issues symtom are common when have interference and usually due not using a USB extension cable to get it away from the computer and other devices + make sure connecting it to a USB 2.0 port and not to a USB 3.0. Read and try to follow the linked guide, it mentions this several times and even has a video showing an example of how the radio adapter behaves when too close to the board.

That only refers to ZHA integration using the same TI Z-Stack serial protocol interface to communicate with those (it is also the same zigpy radio library for all Texas Instruments based adapters), read the ZHA integration documentation, it mentions this and refer to CC26x2 which includes newer CC2652 radios such as your specific adapter uses. Check out: ITead's "Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus" (model "ZBDongle-P") based on Texas Instruments CC2652P +20dBm radio SoC/MCU

Thanks @Hedda, I will definitely buy a USB extension cable and see if it improve communications.

For me SNZB-02D also does not update. I paired several times. Removed battery for some time.

Once the humidity did frequent updates. All the other times only the initial value was reported for temperature and humidity.

Is there an easy solution?

Are you using an extension cable?

Yes I do use an USB extension, and I use many zigbee devices without any problems. For one test I moved the sensor directly near the ConBee II Stick. Didn’t help anything.