Sonoff T2 - 433 Bridge

Hi All,

I was sitting here trying to work out what to do for a problem I have where the Sonoff RF Bridge (flashed with Tasmota) is missing a number of 433mhz signals from the door and window sensors I have (I believe this is mainly due to the distance that these sensors are from the bridge) when it hit me. I have a large number of Sonoff T2 (t2us3c) wall switches also flashed with Tasmota in just about every room in my house that is connected to wifi.

These switches also have a built in 433.92mhz chip (not used in my case as they are wifi connected) and I was wondering if it would be possible to have these wall switches perform the same job as the RF bridge? Basically listening out for 433mhz commands, converting that to mqtt messages and passing it over to homeassistant to process.

I would really like to hear from the community on if it is possible or not as this would certainly solve my problem and open up a wide range of other possibilities.

I don’t think so. I don’t have T2’s, but on my Sonoff RF R3 and Sonoff 4CH Pro’s the RF chip is a separate chip that toggles the ESP directly.

ok, I guess that makes sense. Would have been a great solution though.