Sonoff / Tasmota started regularly showing "Unavailable" on Home Assistant

Thanks, I broke the status when I tried to do some manual footwork, then after the upload of the new firmware I did not run “SetOption 19 1”, have just done that and I now have the status.

Some good news though 6.5.0.16 with core 2.5.2 seems to have fixed the issue (have not seen a drop since the update) - the large unavailable was when i had it unplugged, the 1 small section on the right where it was unavailable was core 2.3.0

Side note: I now have 2 switches for the same device, I assume its a better approach to use “SetOption19 1” and not create each one manually (which was my original approach)

• Not worried about this now as going to start from scratch when the new SD card arrives (will also add the automation for SetOption19)

I prefer discovery. Glad it’s stable. I have found 2.3 core to be good but tried 2.5.2 this week and it seems ok as well.

i had this problem too and it got significantly better by switching the router from mixed mode (WPA, WPA2) to WPA2 only.
The router is an old Buffalo Airstation.

Had no driving reason to upgrade from 6.5.0 but upgraded to Tasmota 6.6.0 with core 2_3_0/1.5.3(aec24ac9). Actually use the OTA url link and all went seamlessly.

hmm I just started using sonoff / tasmota on a couple of device (powerstrip, and several powerplugs) and they are all detected via autodiscovery without problems. But… after a while the devices are starting to become unavailable from within Homeassistant. I can however still access the plugs directly via their browser interface.
Any thoughts?

running: raspberry pi 3b+, rasbian buster, docker, homeassistant 0.97.2 (upgrading to 0.98.3 now to see if it helps, otherwise manual setup unless someone has a brilliant idea :slight_smile:) .

What Tasmota version? Which core? I have 8 Tasmota devices and none do that.

I have two questions…

I recently upgraded all my Sonoffs to 6.6.0 and seem to have core 2.4.2
Is that core still unstable? I haven’t noticed any problems. Should I re-flash?

Someone mentioned that with TasmoAdmin all devices could be upgraded at the same time.
How do you do that?

Core 2.4.2 is cryptonite for my network… hundreds of WiFi and MQTT drops and reconnects in a week. 2.5.2 not much better, 2.3.0 rock solid. There is a new 2.6.0 that will be released any day now and I have had ZERO reconnects/dropouts for over a month with that core version. Having said that, if it’s stable on your system that’s all that matters.

When you select update in TasmoAdmin, it prompts you to check the ones you want to update… 10 seconds looking at the update menu would show you that.

sorry, I run 6.6.0(release-sonoff)

reading the message above I should either upgrade to non release or wait for the shortly to come release?

I think that will be core 2.3.0 so you should be good with that. Running Home Assistant in Docker - not Hass.o so not running the hass.io MQTT broker… Which broker are you using? If it’s working in the WebUI for the switch but not in HA it might be a broker issue. Have you checked up in MQTT Explorer?

Hmm… Fair point (almost).
I have never used the TasmoAdmin update option so was completely blind to it’s existence (no excuse for that) but having looked now it seems like you need to progress past the first screen to see the option to select devices. So more than 10 seconds :wink: especially as the Update screen doesn’t give any indication that there will be another screen after pressing ‘Automatic’.

But I do take your point. And thanks for the info about the pending 2.6.0.

you are right, core 2_3_0 is there. I use mosquito broker in docker and it works fine. After I do a SetOption19 1 from the console the device is available again in HA so, to me, that sounds like the broker is working without problems. I díd however have some other connection issues after I upgraded my unify switches and APs so perhaps it was network related. Stable for now.

unfortunately it happened again. A lot of mqqt devices were offline in HomeAssistant. After a restart of HomeAssistant (0.98.3, I got the non tasmota mqtt devices back (like door sensors, smart energy reader statistics (dsmr-reader). unfortunately the tasmota devices are still absent.

They are still online in tasmoadmin…
again, after a SetOption19 1, devices are back online in HomeAssistant.

I just lost one of my devices after the hassio 0.101.0 update. 7 are working correctly with the identical firmware. Tried SetOption19 1 in the console and get a connect failed to xxx.xxx.x.xx:1883 rc-2 error. Any ideas on how to get it back?

Not sure if you are still active here sir, but wanted to first thank you, a post you made on GitHub regarding the ZXH-2 drove me here. Same boat, just trying to properly configure it but ahead of that, I am trying to OTA flash tasmota on there like my other devices, is there a tutorial somewhere on the exact wire positioning I need on this thing when plugged in so the vtrust flash network is able to pass the firmware over the air via my Pi? I have been searching everywhere I can’t seem to find the wiring. I’d really just like to temporarily hold wires there since this is a one time thing rather than mess with soldering those small points.

Happy to help Brad, and by chance I’ve seen this post. Seems like I don’t get an immediate notification via mail…Anyway. As far as I’m aware the only way you can get the firmware on is via physical connection. I did master the technique. If you still need this info. go to my web site and lodge a enquiry request and I’ll respond via email and walk you though the process. www.ete.com.au Once you got the tasmota loaded, you can OTA flash them via the devices portal

Haven’t had this problem since updating Tasmota on the switches/plugs from 6.5.1 to 8.3.1. Whew

I’m on latest HA and tasmota (9.2.0). 4 of My Tasmota lights (Feit smart bulbs from Costco about one year ago) are sometimes reporting ‘unavailable’ in the status. 3 of them are average less than 1 time per day, but one of them is pretty bad, most of time it is showing unavailable and really not usable. It took me many tries to upgrade it to 9.2, but still same behavior. It is close to wifi router, not sure what the reason.

If you’re using discovery and not the Tasmota integration there’s a whole host of status information you can view that will give you the rssi and number of disconnects from MQTT and wifi etc. the Tasmota info should also be in the web GUI for Tasmota under information

1 Like

Where can I see those information? I’ve set up mqtt and set it with auto discovery.

From the web GUI, it is showing:
AP1 SSId (RSSI) xxxxx (42%, -79 dBm)