Sonoff tasmota wifi not appearing

Hi all, I have a question about Sonoff setup with Tasmota. I am a newbie so sorry if this is a stupid question. I flashed the Sonoff basic with the Tasmota software with the Arduino IDE as per the videos on the internet. The compile and flash goes well, but after a power cycle the Sonoff’s wifi network does not appear in my wifi list. The menu-driven setup of the Sonoff in a web browser looks really cool but I need that initial wifi network to show up. Also, its green LED flashes a few times, stays on constantly, stays off for a while and then repeats the cycle.

Have you tried clicking the button 3 times?

Hi, thanks for your reply. I tried that, but there is still no wifi AP. The serial monitor says

00:02:00 RSL: tele/sonoff/UPTIME = {"Time":"1970-01-01T00:02:00","Uptime":"0T00:02:00"}
00:02:20 RSL: stat/sonoff/RESULT = {"WifiConfig":"SmartConfig selected"}
00:02:21 APP: Restarting

ets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:4, boot mode:(3,6)

wdt reset
load 0x4010f000, len 1384, room 16 
tail 8
chksum 0x2d
csum 0x2d
v614f7c32
~ld

SDK:2.2.1(cfd48f3)/Core:2.4.1/lwIP:2.0.3(STABLE-2_0_3_RELEASE/glue:arduino-2.4.1)

00:00:00 Project sonoff Sonoff (Topic sonoff, Fallback DVES_37A2B2, GroupTopic sonoffs) Version 5.13.1a-2_4_1
bcn 0
del if1
usl
mode : sta(dc:4f:22:37:a2:b2)
add if0
00:00:00 WIF: Connecting to AP1  in mode 11N as sonoff-0690...

I expect that I will see it as sonoff-0690 looking at the above, but it is not there.

In your user_config.h make sure you set this line to WIFI_MANAGER. Also power cycle the device after flashing.

#define WIFI_CONFIG_TOOL WIFI_MANAGER // [WifiConfig] Default tool if wifi fails to connect

Thanks that did it :slight_smile:
I now moved ahead and found another problem. I tried a very simple switch setup as in DrZzs video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2IUIUnxjUY (~15:40)
I tried the setup exactly like that and the command topic works but not the state topic. When toggled in HA, it switches on but falls back to off in HA while in reality it stays on. Therefore the state topic must be wrong? This is what I have in switches.yaml:

- platform: mqtt
  name: "Outside Back Wall"
  command_topic: "cmnd/sonoffDEV1/power"
  state_topic: "stat/sonoffDEV1/POWER"
  qos: 1
  payload_on: "on"
  payload_off: "off"
  retain: true

The mqtt topic in the sonoff is “sonoffDEV1”. Where does the modification in the topics in the yaml file come from? Any ideas as to what the correct state topic might be?

This is what I use.

- platform: mqtt
  name: "Master Light"
  state_topic: "stat/MBR-Main-Light/POWER"
  command_topic: "cmnd/MBR-Main-Light/POWER"
  availability_topic: "tele/MBR-Main-Light/LWT"
  qos: 0
  payload_on: "ON"
  payload_off: "OFF"
  payload_available: "Online"
  payload_not_available: "Offline"
  retain: true

Thank you so much! It is working now.

1 Like

@digiblur - Have you ever has a problem that these switches show up as “Not Available?”

Is it all the time or randomly?

When I set it up in the beginning and flashed the switches it work perfectly, then a couple of days later it stopped and it always not available. I check the IP Address’s and in MQTT log I can see then loaded.

I watched the video, great job. Since I already flashed my devices, how do you wipe the old flash and then I will install this version. I am wondering with the old falsh on the device, can you still put it into the flash mode??

See you on Dr.ZZ today.

Mickie Pitts