Sonoff touch

Hi

How reliable Sonoff Touch wall switch is? I am planning to replace all my wall switches by sonoff (with Tasmota firmware). Can you share your opinion? Or recommend alternative.

Thanks

Hi,

I’ve been using a couple of Sonoff Touch switches, with the Tasmota firmware, for several months now. No problems whatsoever so far.

BR

Sonoff Touch with Espurna firmware, no problems at all!

Same here I have been using one with Tasmota as well. Working great so far. They say keep it under 2amp ( which for most lighting setups it isnt hard, but if you go over its not a huge deal as the components are just like the sonoff basic and rated up to 10amps. I do not recommend going this high but a little over the 2 isnt going to hurt anything.

I’m in the UK so I have the T1 instead, but I think they’re the same kind of think. It seems great as a wireless device, but I wouldn’t want to have to physically use it often, the touch panel is very hard to use. I can’t figure out how to properly press it, I’ve tried a big push on the front, tried tapping it, tried covering it with my palm. It just seems to randomly pick up a press when I do it sometimes. Fortunately I won’t have to use it, just wireless, so it’s not too bad for me.

Hi,
I have had similar problems with my first Sonoff touch. When I installed the second one, I realized it works perfectly. So I went back to the first one and realized that for some reason (the reason most probably being that I’m a moron) I had removed a small piece of double sided adhesive that was installed originally between esp board (the one that has the touch sensor on it) and the black plastic casing behind it, at the top part of the board. As soon as I restored that, I’m guessing the touch sensor moved closer to the glass panel and it’s been working perfectly since.
Just my two cents…

1 Like