Sonoff ZBMini switching fans issue

A question for all ZBMini users,

I’ve been running a Zigbee network (using Zigbee2MQTT) with 20+ ZBmini devices (an growing) in my house for the best part of 3 years now. Overall has been a great solution, but I do have one issue which annoys me continually and I’m hoping someone has previously solved. I have 2 toilet light/fans each using a ZBMini and and two other exhaust fans each using a ZBMini. All my lights which are solely resistive loads (typically LED bulbs) work perfectly. However all the ZBminis with fans connected have switch bounce issues, particularly when switching with the physically switch (both on and off). It often takes multiple switches to get the fans to change state which is extremely annoying. I suspect this is because the fans are inductive loads (motors) and therefore play havoc with the ZBmini switch bounce. I know from previously playing with the Sonoff Basic there was a potential solution as discussed here: Sonoff flickering with GPIO14 and GND connected.

Would be keen to know if others have encountered this and have any solutions which successfully eliminated the switch bounce.

Btw, all ZBminis are the originals with neutrals connected (not -L) and working on Australian 240V power system.

Thanks.

It sounds like you have a similar issue to me. I also have a zigbee network running Zigbee2MQTT with around 20 devices - a mix of end devices and routers.
I’ve recently joined a ZBMini to the network to control my bathroom extractor fan, which is a Manrose MF125T. This only uses around 48 watts on high, but i only run it on low speed, which uses 28 Watts (240v UK).
I’ve noticed on probably 3 occasions since joining the ZBMini to my network, that it has failed to turn on when activated, and immediately toggles back off. On each occasion, I’ve tried turning it on again, and it has worked fine.

It does seem like some sort of relay contact bounce. I don’t know what sort of inrush current is involved when the fan is activated, but could this be a cause of the bounce? I do have a new spare ZBMini so wondered about swapping it out, in case of a faulty device. The firmware has a build date of 20200927 and I dont know if there are any updates available, if it could be a firmware issue? Interested to hear if anyone else has had similar and resolved the issue?