Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB DONGLE PLUS driver problem?

Hi all,

Recently I’ve purchased a Sonoff Zigbee dongle. Unfortunately I’m a complete noob in this area and I’m stuck. From several tutorials I understood that I have to flash the dongle by use of the TI Flash Programmer 2. However, in the program it is unable to find the connected device.

In the device manager the dongle shows up in another devices as ‘Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB DONGLE PLUS’, with a yellow triangle next to it. I tried to manually install drivers (CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers - Silicon Labs), but with all folders (x64, x86, arm, arm64) it states that it is not recognized.

Probably it is a really simple solution which I’m not seeing, but I’m currently struggling for several hours and really desperate.

Could someone please help me?

Thanks in advance,
Joey

Mark tells you how in this video HOW TO - Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 Dongle Plus in Home Assistant (Flash, Update, Zigbeemqtt & MQTT Broker) - YouTube at least I think it’s in this video, if not it will be in his other sonoff dongle video.

This worked for me.

Look in comment #2 by Hedda

All thanks go to Hedda

That’s exactly the tutorial I was following. Mark indeed tells to update the driver, either via the website or via Windows update. Both option however do not work for me. I noticed that the device is also called differently on Mark’s computer, could that be the problem? In mine it is just ‘Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB DONGLE PLUS’

The step-by-step tutorial seems helpfull. I will surely make use of it. However, I’m stuck with step 1 haha. Do you perhaps know how I can install the drivers?

If Windows.

Line number 4.

1 Like

Marks tip to use windows update worked for me exactly as he said. Short of the normal reboot, and plug it into a different USB socket I don’t have much to suggest.

This was it. Downloaded the wrong file, I’m embarrassed. Thank you!

i found the driver for my Win10 HERE.