SONOFF ZigBee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus not connected when reboot

Hi there,

I’m running the latest version of HA on a Virtualbox VM (Win 11 NUC). After successfully installing the SONOFF ZigBee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus with Zigbee2MQTT and Mosquitto, I have the same problem every time I need to reboot the NUC, of course I save and close the VM first.

When I restart the VM, the SONOFF ZigBee dongle is not visible in the HA hardware list.

When I unplug the dongle and plug it back in, it works.

Is there another solution? Unplug/plug seems a bit archaic.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Sorry not much help here but im having the same issue with the same setup. Hopefully someone can help.

1 Like

I have the same problem with ZHA, please help.

Hi,

I’ve been told that VMWare Virtual Machine doesn’t havethis issue.

I’ll try to create a VM on VMWare and let you know if that works.

I believe I have seen similar behavior under docker on Ubuntu host and then in docker under Ubuntu under Proxmox. The MCU in the zigbee dongle does not seem to end up in a ‘good’ state on reboot. I think is a hit and miss, but more of the time the reconnect after reboot will fail. I noted that Zigbee2MQTT just released new firmware for this chip set, I have as yet tried it and also not sure all the issues it addresses:

user@docker-01:~$ tio -L
/dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_TubesZB_971207DO-if00-port0
/dev/serial/by-id/usb-ITead_Sonoff_Zigbee_3.0_USB_Dongle_Plus_5cf90e3b6229ec119a9a6d7840c9ce8d-if00-port0

Finally I switched to VMWare Workstation Player 17. There is no need to disconnect and reconnect the Sonoff Zigbee dongle after VM boot.
A step by step is avaialable to setup an automatic connexion of the dongle: Installing Home Assistant on VMWare Workstation 17 - #8 by FriedCheese

1 Like