Sonoff ZigBee devices always falling off the network - what can I do?

My button is still going. It still works but now shows as “Interview Failed”. The motions sensors are still going as well. This was done by reducing the “max rep interval” from 62000 to 7200. I’ll head over to the GitHub repo and see if there is anything new on the previously reported similar issues.

I am experiencing the same with SNZB-04. I tried with max rep interval but it still falls out of the network.
Did anyone find a fix?

Just to add that I solved my problem with this fix, one week without falling from network

1 Like

I went from a VM hosted on my work computer to a HAOS installed on an Ultra Mini PC (Lenovo M73 USFF) and with the “max rep interval” modification turk from 62000 to 7200.
And since then, I haven’t had any disconnections for 10 days now. :slight_smile:
Thank you, I could never have done it without all the help from the community.

2 Likes

I thought I would report that a fix has been applied to zigbee2mqtt. During pairing of the device the min and max will be set to 3600/7200. This fix is currently only available in the Dev branch.

https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/13600#issuecomment-1369590325

Shouldn’t this be on the release branch now?

I am on the lates version and still lose my SNZB-04s and SNZB-03s within one day after pairing…

I have been facing the same issue for months now.

I have a Sonoff Dongle-P and 9 Sonoff door sensors as well as 2 Tuya plug sockets acting as routers.

I first added all my devices using ZHA after flashing the lastest version of ZStack on my dongle and my devices started becoming unavailable at random times.

I then switched to Zigbee2MQTT, thinking that it might fixed it since it’s made by the same dev as the ZStack firmware but the issue is still there.

At first I thought it was a range issue so I bumped the transmit power to 9dB instead of the 5dB it’s set by default, but even the sensor that is a meter away from the antenna goes unavailable. And if I set it to 20dB, then the sensors are connected directly to the coordinator instead of the routers that at physically closer.

It also seems like devices become unavailable in the order that they were paired. If I reconfigure a device that became unavailable, another one that was working fine then becomes unavailable.

That dongle should be able to work with 25 devices without any problem, so I doubt that adding more routers will fix the issue.

I’m starting to thing that this dongle is doing something sketchy internally.

Zigbee sounds nice on paper, but my 20+ wifi devices works flawlessly, making Zigbee (or at least Sonoff products) look bad.

Hoping this could help, as a lot of us are facing this issue

2 Likes

Any non-Sonoff end devices to test?

My Dongle-P based net is solid. The only device that goes unavailable is a door sensor on an exterior gate at a range I’m surprised it ever works at all, and one Aqara temp sensor I’ve had to repair twice in the past year or so (no issues at all with the other 6 Aqara temp sensors).

But… I only have one Sonoff end device - the SNZB-01 button and it has been stable. I had tried the door and motion and returned them early on.

I did have an issue for a short time when I had a Sonoff S40 zigbee plug in the mix, gave it two strikes and replaced with a Sengled plug and issues went away.

Unfortunately I don’t, I chose SonOff because it was cheap and I thought that buying everything from the same brand meant that it would work without any issues.

I have 10 door sensors (SNZB-04) and 2 motion sensors (SNZB-03) and they eventually became unavailable at some point.

Maybe SonOff end devices just suck, but 12 out of 12, that’s very unlikely. The common denominator here is the dongle.

Who knows what is even happening since no logs appears either in HA or Z2M

And a common core firmware for the twelve devices.

You’ve enabled zigpy debug logs in HA or zigbee-herdsman debug in z2m?

Fair play.

I’ll look into enabling debug for Z2M since I’m not using ZHA anymore.

I’ve got 24 sonoff snzb-04 and 02, and many silently get out of the zigbee network, again and again.
The only way to get them back is to re-pair them, which is a hassle.
Some of them fail several times a day and are completely unreliable, even when they’re just next to the supervisor (like, 2 meters away…).
My other zigbee devices work flawlessly on this network.

I use the ZBDongle-E (plugged on the front-top of the machine, not at the back), HAOS over Proxmox, and Zigbee2MQTT.

There is no log related to these disappearances. I don’t know how to fix this.
Can anyone help me on this ?

Hey @steveoriol,

I have also experienced the same issue with my Sonoff Dongle E since I installed it in December 2022. Last week, I updated my firmware from this repository: zigbeeFirmware/ncp-uart-sw_6.10.3_115200.gbl at fb955a14dae0e7e5f84dd0c0a81d4b736cfc5d83 · xsp1989/zigbeeFirmware · GitHub. The release was committed on January 31, 2022. Since then, it has been working fine for me and my Sonoff devices are always connected.

I advise you to follow this tutorial to update your firmware: Update the Sonoff Zigbee Dongle-E Easily - How To - YouTube.

I hope this can help all of us.

PS : my serial adapter has the value : ezsp

2 Likes

I have the same issues with Sonor SNZB-02, despite an LQI of over 100. Updating my Coordinator firmware hasn’t helped. Anyone got further ideas how to fix this?

Same problem here. I have a Sonoff Zigbee Bridge Pro flashed with tasmota. My network now exists for one week and had to repair my snzb-03 motion sensor three times already. It just keeps falling out of the network. LQI = 123. The temperature sensor snzb-02 does not seem to experience the issue, which kind of rules out the bridge as cause…? Starting to believe the motion sensor is just poor quality. Any other thoughts are welcome…

Thanks for sharing, I’m going to give this a go. Have other people applied this update?

I had this problems with ZBDongle-E and ZigBee2mqtt. Now I use ZHA and I did not have any problems so far

I purchased my Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus ZBDongle-E (V2) on April 4, 2023, along with 1 x SONOFF SNZB-03, 1 x SONOFF SNZB-04, 1 x SONOFF SNZB-02D, and 5 x Sonoff Zbmini L2 devices. Initially, it worked fine with Zigbee2mqtt for a few days. Controlling it from Domoticz was fine but often had delays. Afterward, some devices became unreachable, and eventually, none of the devices were reachable. I experienced the same issue with Homeassistant when I connected the dongle there. All recognized devices were added to HAS, but they all appeared offline. I removed alle devices and reconnected all the devices again, and it worked for about half an hour before they went offline again. The devices are only a few meters apart, and the signal strength was good during the initial pairing. Today, I flashed the latest firmware “ncp-uart-sw_EZNet6.10.3_V1.0.1.gbl,” on the dongle but the result is the same. This dongle is a terrible product. There is definitely something wrong with it. I’m going to look for something else.

@Braveboy what was the outcome you got from the new dongle? which did you chose? I am curious.

I’ll add my experience with Aqara door/window sensors and the ZBDongle-E. I have recently migrated from a Conbee II+deCONZ setup to ZBDongle-E+z2m, my network has 118 devices. I had major issues pairing my Frient/Develco smoke/heat detectors in the new setup, it was simply impossible when I ran the 6.10.3 firmware on the dongle. I flashed the 7.1.1 firmware (the same version that the SkyConnect ships with), you can find a long thread about the dongle and z2m with instructions for flashing here. After that I was able to get all my devices connected but I also experienced some of the problems described in this thread. 3 of my 13 Aqara sensors became unresponsive after a couple of hours, re-paired multiple times with the same result. I then tried “allow join” from specific routers to see if I could get a better result (I tried IKEA repeaters, Sunricher switches, different lights).

I discovered that if I joined the sensors through a Hue plug or an Aqara plug they seem to stay connected.

Everything in my network is now stable and very responsive. I can’t say if what worked for me will work the same for anyone else but I would recommend upgrading from 6.10.3 and also try some different routes when pairing to see if you can get a stable connection.

2 Likes