Sonoff zigbee HUB + asustor NAS

Hello. I am running home assistant in docker container on an asustor NAS. It works fine, I added all my tuya WiFi and aqara zigbee devices and they communicate pretty good, Aldo some fonctionnality from the different zigbee devices is lacking.
I’m trying to make sonoff zigbee hub TI CC2256P through the zigbee home automation integration in HA. The problem is that I cannot forward the serial device to the docker container.
This is what I tried so far
SSH into the NAS as root
dmesg | grep USB
I get a list of devices and the module seems to be recognised
[ 4.406605] usb-storage 2-2:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
[ 4.471124] usb 1-5: new full-speed USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd
[ 4.605688] usb 1-5: New USB device found, idVendor=10c4, idProduct=ea60, bcdDevice= 1.00
[ 4.614692] usb 1-5: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 4.622553] usb 1-5: Product: Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus

But I don’t have any folder called /dev/serial/by-id
Maybe this means the drivers are missing ? Is there a way to add them to this version of Linux ?
Any way you can point me in the right direction ?
Thanks, have a nice day

I am not sure if you are having the same issue as I did, but if that is the case, I will try and help you out best I can! I stumbled upon your post when looking for a solution for my own problem.

Issue: Sonoff zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus not working due to missing drivers. (Looks like the same issue as you are having)
Solution: Since I could find none, I built the missing driver for the kernel version and architecture used by my Asustor nas.
The missing driver was cp210x, and I don’t know why it (and many other drivers) aren’t shipped with ADM.

If am running ADM 4.1.0.RLQ1 on an AS66 (64 bit intel cpu). (ADM 4.2 was released just hours ago, so it might not work there, as I haven’t checked)

ADM 4.1 is running linux kernel 5.13.x.

I am not gonna give you the details on how to build it (as that might become too complex if you are a novice), instead I am gonna give you this link: Deleted to the driver for you to simply “install”. :slight_smile:

If you are running a different version of ADM, or a with a differnt arch cpu, the driver I am posting might not work for you. But perhaps I can build it for you, if you let me know which nas and adm version you are running.

First of all, you need to transfer the file to your nas. Once you have done that, open a ssh shell and login to your nas.

Now locate the file and move it to /lib/modules (run as sudo)
i.e.

sudo mv /lib/modules/5.13.x/cp210x.ko

Then we need to “install” it using insmod.

sudo insmod /lib/modules/5.13.x/cp210x.ko

Now reinsert the dongle and run dmesg and rejoice :slight_smile:

Hopefully this works for you!

This file is no longer on line. Would you be able to repost please.

I am running ADM4.2 on an AS6604T.

Hi Johan. This helped me tremendously - and I saved the file and tried to keep it that way (I have to run this every time my NAS restarts).

It has, however, vanished, and the download link does not work anymore. Could you please re-upload it? (or give a hint as to how to actually build it, as I might have to graduate from novice to master, to get my lights back on :smiley: )

Thanks in advance.