Sonoff Zigbee Motion & Door Sensor not updating State

Hey guys,

I’ve just picked up some of the new Sonoff Zigbee devices;

SNZB-02 - Temperature and Humidity Sensors
SNZB-03 - Motion Sensor
SNZB-04 - Door/Window Sensor

I’m connected them via SmartThings v3 hub, and they pair fine, I can see their state updates (open/closed, Motion Active etc) in SmartThings app.

However, when added them to HA, the Motion & Door/Window sensors don’t update the State. They’re stuck on Clear for motion and Closed for Door - the states they were in when they got added. The only time they update to what the live state is, is when I restart HA.

The Temp sensor works absolutely fine, can see those updates being passed through to HA.

Unsure where I might be going wrong and theres not really any config files I can share. Any ideas anyone or has someone else brought these yet?

Edit - More info:
Can see the devices have proper entities:

friendly_name: eWeLink Open/Closed Sensor contact
device_class: opening

friendly_name: eWeLink Motion Sensor motion
device_class: motion

So it seems it’s the BinarySensor that’s not updating…

Ok figured it out, it was my smart things webhook that was having issue… recreated it and now they all work perfectly.

Hi, just curious what device handler did you use to add the devices to smartthings?

Are they fully functional within smartthings app?

I’m able to see the catchall information in IDE live logging but the device will not show up in the app when trying to discover.

Hi!,

Yes fully functioning via smartthings.

Had no issues in discovering them in the app, just held the pair button and they popped in. To get the to properly work though you need to then change their Type. Pair them, then logon to the smartthings online portal, and change the Types to those highlighted below dependant on what it is… then repair the devices (by using the pair button on them), don’t delete them before repairing.

1 Like

I was trying to add the contact sensor which appeared as a “Thing”.

But after changing to “Orvibo Contact Sensor” type seems to be working perfect.

Took a few minutes for the state changes to start registering but working perfect now.

Thank you!

I’m trying to get my zonoff contact sensor to work. When pairing with SmartThings hub v2, it connects. After pairing, I go to my IDE and look at the device and it’s automatically added as “Orvibo Contact Sensor”; however, it is not updating the contact status and battery status.

@dcsooner, did you manage to solve the problem? I experience the same thing.

It eventually began working. You might try re-pairing after it first connects and is unresponsive.

Just a further FYI on the contact sensors. The battery compartment sometimes doesn’t make contact with the connectors. Bend it up abit or stick abit of cardboard in there to ensure it stays pressed. This is usually what I see if it’s not reporting like above.

That’s really the only downside to these devices. Everything else on them has been great and still working flawlessly.

1 Like