Sonoff zigbee sensors failing to pair with Sonoff USB dongle

Hi everyone,

I have just purchased the Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus (P version) , along with x3 Sonoff SNZB-02 ZigBee Temperature & Humidity Sensors.

I want to use these sensors with Zigbee2MQTT, which I have sucessfully installed as an add on using the repository. Zigbee2MQTT starts without problems in the log, but when I come to pair the devices (by holding down the button on the sensor for 5 seconds) they all show up as “unsupported”, and it says “interview failed”:

Can anyone tell me what might be wrong here, and how I could successfully get these things paired?

— Extra info —

• I am using Home Assistant OS on a Raspberry Pi 3B+, with the dongle connected to a USB 2.0 port.

• I have also re-flashed the Sonoff dongle using the most recent version of the Z-Stack launchpad coordinator firmware, from here.

After doing some digging, it is often suggested to use a USB extension cable for the Sonoff Zigbee dongle, in order to reduce the effect of interference between the dongle and the host machine.

I bought one (2m length) and tried it… and, incredibly, all x3 sensors now paried first time:

I would not have expected such a huge effect, but in any case problem solved - use the USB extension cable! :slight_smile: