Group a Sonos device to a main device when presence (e.g. motion) is detected and the main device is playing music.
Can be extended with custom conditions, for example, only group the Sonos when you’re not asleep.
The Automation Process:
- In this example we will use a motion sensor as the trigger but you can use one or multiple Binary Sensors as the trigger/s.
- Triggers on a motion sensor and adds the Sonos speaker (target) in the room to a group (source).
- When no motion is detected, a time delay is activated and removes the Sonos player from the group Automatically.
- The Sonos speaker will remain GROUPED if the motion sensor detects motion before the time delay removes the Sonos speaker from the group. It will then reset the time delay after last motion is detected.
- You have the option to add “Custom conditions”. This allows you to extend this blueprint with more advanced YAML syntax.
- You have the option to set the “Allow TV” option. When selected, the target Sonos Speaker will join the group even if the group is playing audio from the TV.
- You have the option to adjust the “Time Delay”. This will increase or decrease the amount of time it will take before the target Sonos Speaker will leave the group again.