Sonos no longer working after update to 0.91

Since upgrading to 0.91 all of my sonos speakers are saying “(entity unavailable)”. I tried manually adding them in my configuration.yaml file, but I get the same “(entity unavailable)” after reboot. All of the sonos speakers are powered on and working correctly.

Under configuration - integrations - sonos:sonos I see they all say “No Area” under the area section. Could this be a hint to my issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

1 Like

Same here, also my automation with Sonos doesn’t work.

All my Sonos amplifiers are working OK and as they should independently of HA so its a HA problem and one with the latest update.

Same problem.

All my sonos devices are not available. I tried with discovery and manuall configuration.

Sometimes the sonos speakers are shown, but I cant control them.

Hello guys

I see the same issue, but not with 0.91 (that worked for me). It started happened to me after I upgraded from 0.91.something to 0.96.5 last week. When I reboot HA, they work for 5-10 minuttes then goes “unavailable” until I reboot the next time. The strange thing is that the tracking says they are “home”, so HA can infact see them, if only by IP/MAC though.

I have looked through other posts and cant find a solution amongst the suggested “set the host IP’s” or “only use integration” - and ofcourse a combination.

/michael

Same here. It went away after reboot but came back after some time.

Same here. Any idea anyone?
Started with an update to 0.96.x. After a reboot i see all Sonos for about 15 minutes and then they’re gone “unavailable” till the next reboot. Just using the stock integration here…

@MichaelJ2600 @c-soft @cpo

If you can reproduce this in 10 minutes, please enable debugging:

logger:
  default: warning
  logs:
    homeassistant.components.sonos: debug
    pysonos.discovery: debug

and PM me the resulting logs.

Hello Amelchio

I’ll be happy to do that. Have implemented your code, and restarted. Just as stupid question. Is it the normal home-assistant.log, this information is kept in, and that you need ?

Regards

Michael

Sorry, it wont let me upload the log file, only image files

Same here, is there anything I could help with / debug?

I have been keeping an eye on this post hoping for some pearls of wisdom, but it has gone very quiet.

My experience is that after at least a year of working fine all my Sonos equipment appears unavailable in HASS. I am not sure what release this problem started in for me, but all the Sonos devices will appear correctly as “Paused” for 2 minutes and then without fail change to “Unavailable”.

This happens in my production instance but also on a brand new install with no configuration other than allowing automatic discovery and installation of Sonos. The problem occurs 2 minutes after initial configuration and 2 minutes after each restart.

I only have the older Connect and Connect Amp units and the only thing that may be unusual about my installation is all my Sonos devices are hard wired with WiFi turned off to avoid the need for spanning tree.
Both HASS and Sonos are up to date, but this issue has been a permanent feature on all the versions I have tried in the last 3 months.
The Sonos environment is working without issue in itself and with Alexa.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this or gain more insight as to what might be happening will be gratefully received.
Thanks

I don’t know why, but some versions in the past the behaviour of my SONOS returned to normal.
They do no longer become unavailable.
Honestly i don’t know if this happend through some HA updates or / and Sonos updates.
But it works now as expected (again).

In case anyone else finds this thread having similar problems, the only way I could solve my issue was to reset everything Sonos back to factory defaults and set up again.
Regards

So it works for you now?

The Sonos integration will do discovery of speakers every minute. If a speakers misses two consecutive disoveries, it is assumed to have been turned off and it goes unavailable.

There have been some fixes to Home Assistant in past versions to improve this detection. Maybe we didn’t find all issues yet.