Sonos Speaker Group playing favorite seems to be broken in HASSIO 0.64.1

Hello Community,

I’ve got an issue I can’t seem to resolve. I have upgraded to HASSIO 0.64.1 and noticed that the media_player.select_source call in my automation is failing now. I don’t get any errors but my Sonos speakers never start playing. I see in the logbook that they go immediately from playing to paused. It seems directly related to the select_source call as the google.tts call for a different automation plays to all the speakers in the group just fine. Did something change in the behavior of the select_source that would require some sort of "play’ call or the like?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

alias: "Sonos Mellow Mornings Music"
sequence:
  - service: media_player.sonos_snapshot
    entity_id:
      - media_player.kitchen
      - media_player.master_bedroom
      - media_player.livinag_room
  - delay: '00:00:03'
  - service: media_player.sonos_unjoin
    entity_id:
      - media_player.kitchen
      - media_player.living_room
  - service: media_player.sonos_join
    data:
      master: media_player.kitchen
    entity_id:
  - service: media_player.volume_set
    data:
      volume_level: 0.35
    entity_id:
      - media_player.kitchen
  - service: media_player.select_source
    data:
      entity_id: media_player.kitchen
      source: 'Mellow Morning'

I don’t see that. For me it starts but this could depend on the kind of favorite that you have saved.

Is the selected source actually transferred to the Sonos queue?

Thank you for the reply, I did clear all my favorites in Sonos and it removed a warning I was seeing. I then tried again and it didn’t work. I realized at this point the favorite was a Google Play favorite so I tried a local playlist that I made a favorite of and it appears to be working! Seems like perhaps it’s just the Google Play favorites that refuse to play.

Okay, if you manage to find a pattern, please report the bug as a GitHub issue. Thanks.

- service: media_player.sonos_snapshot
    entity_id:
      - media_player.kitchen
      - media_player.livinag_room

Could the misspelled media.player.living_room in your code have something to do with it?

I expect Google Play to work again with the current dev code that is going to be in version 0.65, please file a GitHub issue if it does not.

I can verify that it’s indeed fixed in 0.65! Google play radio (made into a Sonos Favorite) works again! Thank you!

Thank you for the confirmation :+1: