SONOS using google TTS low volume

Trying to get back to using my sonos for TTS a bit more and I’m running into a weird situation with volume. Its super low

here is my action

- service: media_player.volume_set
    data_template:
      entity_id: media_player.living_room
      volume_level: 0.50
  - delay: 00:00:05
  - service: tts.google_say
    data_template:
      message: "Tracy is at {{ states('device_tracker.tracy_all') }} and is approximately {{ states('sensor.tracys_time_to_home') }} minutes from home."

I added the volume level and the delay while trying to get this figured out, and it made no difference. If I go into the sonos app and adjust the volume it also makes no difference unless I change to full volume and then back to whatever level I set in the sonosn app. But the next time the automation runs, it’s quiet again. Like make 10%.

I only have one sonos speaker so I feel like the snapshots, etc seem like too much, but maybe I’m missing something.

I really just want to be able to say something via my sound bar at a volume level I set. Tips?

I have a snapshot, set volume script, delay, TTS, delay and finally a restore snapshot. Mine is quite complicated because I have more than 1 speaker and if I’m watching TV I have it not join that speaker etc. But if you need I can post my scripts

Sure that would be nice

I’m still wondering why the volume is so low, it seems to ignore the volume setting. Is my format correct?

Try this…I simplified my scripts for your purpose. Also included an input_number so you can control the volume with a slider and find the volume that is right for you. For my system, I set it at 17

input_number:
  speech_volume:
    name: Speech Volume
    icon: mdi:message-processing
    min: 1
    max: 20
    step: 1

script:
  speech_script:
    sequence:
      - service: media_player.sonos_snapshot
      - delay:
          seconds: 2
      - service: media_player.volume_set
        data_template:
          volume_level: >-
            {%- set vol = states.input_number.speech_volume.state | int -%}
            {%- set adjvol = vol / 50 -%}
            {%- set newvolume = adjvol | float -%}
            {{newvolume}}
      - service: tts.google_say
        data_template:
          message: "Tracy is at {{ states('device_tracker.tracy_all') }} and is approximately {{ states('sensor.tracys_time_to_home') }} minutes from home."
      - wait_template: '{{ not is_state("media_player.living_room", "playing") }}'
        timeout: "00:00:40"
        continue_on_timeout: 'true'
      - service: media_player.sonos_restore