Sony Bravia configuration issue

Thanks in advance for any help. I am running Hass.io on a raspberry pi three. I was able to initially link my 2015 Sony Bravia TV to Home assistant via pin. However, due to my lack of knowledge regarding the proper syntax in the configuration file, it disappeared from the front page when I added new components . Before I figured out what I had done, I unregistered home assistant as a remote on the Sony TV. Now the Sony TV shows up in the front page with the configuration link, however when I click that button nothing happens on the Sony TV including when I enter 0000. I am able to successfully link other devices as remotes, including simple control. Is there anyway to redo this process? Thanks.

Hi,
did you try to delete (rename) the /config/braviatv.conf file and start over?
Or check that the IP address in the configuration.yaml and in the braviatv.conf are the same and are actual the right ones as after a restart of the TV, it can have a new IP address.

Thanks so much for your help. I figured that I would have to delete a config file but I can’t find it. I am using Samba from Windows 10 using Notepad++ to edit my Hass.io files, and don’t see that /config/braviatv.conf file in my directory tree.

The IP address hasn’t changed. Thanks.

I also had to push it several times before the Bravia TV showed me the pin code. Once HA is registered, it doesn’t ask for a pin anymore.
Perhaps adding the bravia.conf file manually can help:

My bravia.conf file :

{"192.168.1.45": {"pin": "0000", "host":"192.168.1.45", "mac" : "a1:b2:c3:d4:e5:f6" }}

and in configuration.yaml:

media_player
  - platform: braviatv
    host: "192.168.1.45"
    name: "A friendly name for my tv"

I added a bravia.conf file both to my config folder that I screen captured in my previous post and then also tried putting it in the \config\custom_components\media_player. I think you were right about deleting the bravia.conf file, but I’m a newbie at this and don’t know how to get beyond the hass.io interface layer to the hass layer where the .py and .conf files are stored.

The bravia.conf file should go to the /config folder (next to your configuration.yaml).
The custom_components folder is for python script (.py) files.

I don’t know this will help to reset the bravia config to start over, but delete the braviatv section from your configuration.yaml and be sure no bravia.conf file remains and restart hassio.

Just an update - was able to get it working by re-burning the hass.io disk image and starting over. Thanks for your help.

1 Like