Sony Bravia Screensaver?

There are a LOT of commands you can send with the remote.send_command to control a Sony Bravia TV (I have a KD-43X85K). But there doesn’t seem to be one to trigger the screensaver. You can put the TV to sleep, but that just blanks the screen.

I thought I could make a hack when I noticed on the remote that when I press the Home key, then press that key which takes you back a menu item (↺) THAT triggers the screensaver. But I also can’t find a command which emulates that button, or it simply doesn’t work. I tried Back, Prev, and Return, but none of those achieve the desired result.

I really like having my TV display art and photography rather than ads for Disney Plus when I’m not using it. Anyone got a way to do this?

I worked it out. Turns out “Ambient Mode” is sticky, and if you turn it on, the screensaver will kick up from the Home menu. It won’t, however, trigger if the input is set to my TV box. Solution: At 1A.M., I just automate the send of the Mute and Home command. Ambient mode will then kick in after the inactivity time you’ve set. From automations.yaml:

- alias: Trigger ScreenSaver
  trigger:
    platform: time
    at: "01:00:00"
  action:
    - service: remote.send_command
      data:
        entity_id: remote.sony_kd_43x85k
        command: "Mute"
    - delay: "00:00:01" # Wait for 1 second
    - service: remote.send_command
      data: