Sophos XG Reverse Proxy

I have HASS running on a Docker VM
I have reverse web proxy configured on my SophosXG firewall.

I am able to connect to it perfectly from almost everywhere.
Work, Home, Mobile, etc…

However, there is one location that ALSO has a Sophos XG firewall that can NOT log into my HASS. I get the login screen and then I get the “unable to connect” screen.

I have tried multiple browsers, usernames, and computers from that location and they all fail to connect.
I also tried turning off all of the HTTP scanning and Intrusion prevention policies on the firewall at both ends and it still fails.

I did test temporarily setting up a port forward to 8123 on my home firewall and I am able to log into that from the other firewall location.

So it seems like there is an authentication issue when trying to login to from a site with a sophosXG firewall to HASS that is sitting behind a sophosXG reverse proxy.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is resolved.

Some amount of clearing FW policies, clearing auth tokens, updating both firmware and HASS image on docker and then waiting 5 days fixed the issue.

@MrKuenning do you still use this setup? Can you provide the settings on the XG side as I’m struggling a bit with the waf config

I have HASS running on esxi as on HASSOS.

In Sophos:

Under webserver I have an entry with:
Name HASS
Host: HASS (VM) ← Filled in under hosts and services
Type: Plaintext
Port: 8123
Keep alive: Yes
Disable Backend: off
Timeout: 300

Under Rules and Policies:
Rule Called: HASS WAF
To make it a web server ruleset action to: Protect with web server protection
Hosted Address: Port2 (WAN)
Listening Port: 80
Domains: home.mydomain.com, hass.mydomain.com
Web server: HASS

Separately I also have NAT rules to allow me to connect to port 8123 directly.
Either work for me at the moment.

So I can access it via:

#home.mydomain.com
#hass.mydomain.com
#mydomain.com:8123

OK, I have mostly the same config. Really interested in your WAF protection policy setting and if you’ve found a way to only allow the mobile clients and block browser access - user agent perhaps.

I have not tried to block browser access, as I use my phone and laptop remotely.