SoundTouch AUX_INPUT

I have a Amazon Dot connected to the Aux input of a Bose SoundTouch. I’ve been trying to set the source of the SoundTouch to the AUX input using the “media_player.select_source” service. I’ve tried using “AUX” and “AUX_INPUT” and other strings for the source, but this has not worked. Has anyone had success?

Thank you!

1 Like

A little late but here’s the restful command I use for this:

rest_command:
  pc_source_select_aux:
    url: !secret soundtouch_wireless_link
    method: POST
    headers:
      content-type: application/xml
    payload: '<ContentItem source="AUX" sourceAccount="AUX"></ContentItem>'
1 Like

@sleezly
It took be some time to try this out, but it works perfectly! Thank you!

Hi there.

I’ve been searching these forums for information on whether people have got soundtouch devices working reliably through the media_player.soundtouch component.

This component doesn’t seem to have active maintenance.
I cannot get SOUNDTOUCH_CREATE_ZONE, SOUNDTOUCH_ADD_ZONE_SLAVE, SOUNDTOUCH_REMOVE_ZONE_SLAVE to work reliably.

Only SOUNDTOUCH_PLAY_EVERYWHERE is reliable(ish) - working say 90% of the time. Then I turn down the volume on everything I dont want “on”.

Have you had any luck?

Unfortunately, I can’t add anything. My control of the SoundTouch has been limited to simply playing media. I haven’t tried any of the SoundTouch specific controls other than using the information above to select the AUX input.

So I’m embarking on fiddling with this lot - I’ll be happy to paste my setup once I get it working.

Currently I’m looking at getting my Soundtouch 300 to switch sources. I plan on creating a card in the LovelaceUI.yaml that will call the rest services. (described above by @sleezly )

I’m about to dig on the bose developer website found here . This is pointing me to everything I need (after signing up for a dev account) for the API. Seems straight forward.

You can start off by plugging this into your browser to see what sources are available:

`

http://<ip address of your bose soundtouch>:8090/sources

`

that will display an xml file with all the source information you need. :slight_smile:

I’m amazed it’s taken this long for me to find reference to it on the web.

And the follow up to my endeavours, I posted my conclusion (well, point in time) here: