SpaceX Next Launch / Starman Integration

Yikes! I’ll look at it, but I really like to have that sensor :slight_smile:

Yes - this one is not showing in the SpaceX API, but it does show up in my other integration from RocketLaunchLive.

I use both so I don’t miss anything :slight_smile:

I like the countdown timer too, but maybe a service to clear sensor history each hour? or a way to not save history of that sensor?

or create some frontend panel that does the countdown calculation based on launch time/date, not saving the countdown as a sensor, just using the date/time to calculate the countdown visually…?

noob spitballing… i know.

Im trying rocket launch live now, installed in HACS, rebooted, integrations page, add… NOT FOUND

after adding

sensor:
  - platform: next_rocket_launch

to my config, i have 1 sensor… states are in french,

this normal?

That platform is not this integration. My integrations can not be configured through the YAML, only the integration platform.

After installing the integration in HACS and rebooting, you may need to do a hard refresh on the integrations page (CTRL+F5) to get the new integrations to show up. I have seen some caching issues in the past.

You can exclude this sensor from your recorder which should eliminate the logging on it while keeping the sensor.

recorder:
  exclude:
    entities:
      - sensor.next_launch_countdown

@djtimca, I tried to add the repository in my HA, however I got the message ‘Invalid Add-on repository!’ — According to this, it looks you need to have an repository.json file at the root of your git. Could it be the cause?

Make sure you are adding as a HACS repository. This does not get added through Supervisor but through HACS page.

@djtimca, I do have the “Home Assistant Community Add-ons” installed — Is that what you meant?

Thx

Not that one - you need to add the Home Assistant Community Store (HACS) - details are at https://hacs.xyz/

Ah ok. Thanks!

Hello guys,
I’ve just installed the integrations through HACS, but no sensors are shown in the Developer Tools page related to it, I tried to reinstall it too.
Is this still working?
Thanks

it also reports this from logs:
“No ‘version’ key in the manifest file for custom integration ‘spacex’. This will not be allowed in a future version of Home Assistant. Please report this to the maintainer of ‘spacex’”

There is already an issue for that in the github repository.

Do you see an entry for SpaceX on your integration page? Do you see some errors in the log when you go through the config flow?

I also installed this and it is not showing up in the integrations page. Tried reinstalling and multiple restarts. Only thing in the log was using an unsupported addon.

What version of HA are you running? There is nothing else in the logs?

I’m running the latest core-2021.5.0 that was released a few days ago. Actually, after a few hours it showed up in the integrations. This was on my Android home assistant app. So not sure if it was the time or the phone app that caused it to show up? I believe the time aspect. Thanks

Hey, is there a way to display the mission details (that paragraph of text) in a markdown card right now? I can’t seem to get it to work. I’m using your lovelace code which you last posted in here.

I don’t use that in a markdown card for myself, but I’ve tested the following successfully:

- type: markdown
    title: Latest launch
    content: >-      
      {% set mission_details = state_attr("sensor.latest_launch_mission", "details") %}

{{ mission_details }}

It looks like the text for the mission details is stored in three attributes. So something like that would be needed:

- type: markdown
    title: Latest launch
    content: >-      
      {% set mission_details1 = state_attr("sensor.latest_launch_mission", "details") %}
      {% set mission_details2 = state_attr("sensor.latest_launch_mission", "details2") %}
      {% set mission_details3 = state_attr("sensor.latest_launch_mission", "details3") %}

{{ mission_details1 ~ mission_details2 ~ mission_details3 }}