Speaker recommendation for notifications

Hi,

I would like to add one or two speakers in the house for notifications sounds and tts from HA, but there is a lot of speakers … i don’t need high speaker quality because the use will be only for HA-notifications.

someone could recommend me some hardware?

One option could be a rip with an cheap speaker …

Thanks.

I went with Google Home Mini’s for TTS and ability to cast audio (sound clips)

Hi, im using google mini speaker for notification and tts, i printed ceiling plate from thingiverse

Google home mini is great because its cheap can do tts and play music and notification

2 Likes

I use Mycroft both the Mark_1 and Picrofts whith Google AIY voicekit. Waiting for the Mark_2

Works great for voice commands and voice notifications. It is not used for playing music, mut controling Spotify I do.

and
https://aiyprojects.withgoogle.com/

I use Chromecast audio devices with ‘el cheapo’ powered PC speakers. They can do TTS as well as play notification sounds. A bit cheaper than the Google mini if you have these sorts of speakers already laying around.

Thanks for all the recommendations! i think that i’ll test with one google home mini, is cheap and small … and is easy the integration in the ceiling …

I think that i will never use “ey google” but only for tts and some ambient music should be enough.

Thanks for your support!!