Specific sensors with alexa

Hi there,

I am using the NabuCasa services to use several alexa smart-speakers with homeassistant.
Now, I noticed, that some sensors aren’t available to be shared with Alexa… One of them is the “Waste collection scheduler”…
This sensor does basically porivde just an information when the next waste collection will be - and what waste will be collected.

I would like to have this information Available in Alexa - in order to ask: “When will be the next waste collection?”
Alexa should then provide the information from the Sensor, just, as She’s doing it with temperature etc.

Sure - it is not a device that can be controlled, like other entities … and probably, that’s the reason, why it does not appear in the List of entities that can be used with Alexa.

I’ve implemented a Workaround, by using a script - and a routine within alexa…
So, whenever I ask the specific question, the Script will be triggered and the information will be sent per notification to the Alexa Device.
However, I can only send the notification to a specific Alexa Device.

I would like to get the information on the device, that has activated the script… but I don’t know, if this is possible?

It’s only possible with the custom alexa media player integration, or the alexa smart home skill using hasska (or whatever the new version is called).

Hi, I am using the alexa media player integration to get the notification… but I do have to specify the device for the output (notify.alexa_1) - but if I requested this from alexa #2 it would still be sent to alexa #1… Ok, maybe, there are some further information on the readmy from the media player how to solve this.

Thanks!

There’s a whole section in the documents that are dedicated to this

yes, right - thanks :slight_smile:
didn’t had that in mind…

Did you check manage entities in ha alexa configuration? My sensors are available there.

yes, I’d checked this page.
Could not find this specific sensor there… but I think, I’ve got it solved by using the:

notify.alexa_media_last_called