Sporadic temperature updates with the "Zooz ZSE40 4-in-1 sensor"

I have a “Zooz ZSE40 4-in-1 sensor” that I recently bought. The issue I’m having is that the temperature updates are very sporadic. As of right now, the temperature hasn’t updated for 11 hours. Am I missing something here? Is this just a bad device or is there a configuration setting I can change to address this?

Here’s some information about the device:

manufacturer name: Zooz
product name: ZSE40 4-in-1 sensor
query stage: Complete
is awake: false
is ready: true
is failed:false
is info received: true
max baud rate: 40000
is zwave plus: true
capabilities: beaming, routing
neighbors: 1
sentCnt: 20
sentFailed: 1
retries: 0
receivedCnt: 169
receivedDups: 0
receivedUnsolicited: 164
sentTS: 2017-05-30 19:48:28:160
receivedTS: 2017-05-30 22:10:16:656
lastRequestRTT: 23
averageRequestRTT: 24
lastResponseRTT: 34
averageResponseRTT: 34
battery level: 100
wake up interval: 600

Try sticking a paper clip into the hole to wake it up and see if it changes. By default it should send a report for every degree it changes…

Thanks @BendedArrow I’ll try that when I get home. It did eventually update the temp once over night about two hours ago, but ideally it would update every 30 minutes or so.

The Zooz 4 in 1 sensor has a standard wake-up value of 12 hours. It will however send selective sensor reports to your controller anyway. If the temperature increases or decreases by 1 degree (Parameter 2, default value 10).

If the change in temperature is less than one degree there won’t be an update. You could try lowering the value of Parameter 2, but be aware this might have a negative effect on the battery life.