Sports Standings and Scores

Cool! Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for the patience!

Hi guys,

I absolutely love this project and I’m following it very closely.

However I still can’t get it to work. This is the error I’m getting on the standings tab:

The other tabs are just empty.

What am I doing wrong?

UPDATE: I got rid of the error message, but now everything is just empty…

First of all, I’d like to thank kbrown01 for this fantastic work, I really do like it and his support is super great.
This project is very hard to beat in awesomeness :sunglasses:

What I am trying to do myself before I will start any questions is to set up Soccer (German Bundesliga 1+2 , Premier League, Primera Division and maybe Champions League as well) but thats a part for later maybe…

Concerning last question asked I hope it is ok if I post my settings for the plugin to work correctly as it was set up with the initial sports, because I remember having that error too but I don’t know what I’ve changed anymore.
Also I commented within the yaml files a bit (only for my own understanding of yaml, I am at the very beginning…)

PS: I don’t know which filehost I can use here but I put the files to fastupload.io

Here are my changed files for a working plugin:

I hope this helps

That error is due to the latest release of flex-table. The version of the dashboard was updated on Github to fix the issue temporarily until flex-table is updated.

See above post #294.

You say “none” of the tabs show anything> Even the teamtracker ones (PREGAME, LIVE, POSTGAME)?

is it possible to add the down they are playing (1st-4th) somewhere on that card or is ESPN not transmitting that info?

It is there:

It does deliver that data, it is an attribute for the team

down_distance_text: 1st & 10 at DET 2

Please note that the scores part is just teamtracker. Should you have issues you should ask in the teamtracker thread.

2 Likes

I noticed during the renaming/zipping process I was doing something wrong,
the included file “configurations.yaml” should obviously be named “configuration.yaml” (without the “s”)
and the “sportscores.yaml” named “sportsscores.yaml” (with the “s”) [or adjust it in the configuration.yaml
sorry for that

Note that if you manually update the .js file, you need to delete the .gz file (or, gzip your new .js). HACS prefers the .gz if it exists.

It was driving me CRAZYier :slight_smile:

No sweat. The next update will update both moving forward.

there was apparenty something wrong with the ha-teamtracker-card.js resource, after reinstalling it, it works now, thanks for the hint :+1:

also: if I leave home assistant on German Language, the cards not really work (sometimes they show, and sometimes not) but if I switch to english language, all works well.

This should also go to the Teamtracker thread linked above.

1 Like

I’ve posted there.

1 Like

If you step through this process posted starting here:

Sports Standings and Scores - #297 by gkron

You should be able to diagnose any issues with standings if you are getting no data.

Ok everything is working except the live tab. Doesn’t work for any sport. How can I troubleshoot?

Is there any game on? If not … “nothing” is live. The only game that would be in “Live” is the NFL football. No Hockey today, no NBA, no MLB.

Yeah NFL not working

So what is the state of the teamtracker seahawks sensor right now?

weird for Seattle it says not found but for 49ers it has data

Is it missing in your defined teamtracker entities? I think I recall long ago missing a team or two and seattle was one of them. You should have these:

- platform: teamtracker
  league_id: NFL
  team_id: SF
  name: "San Francisco 49ers"
- platform: teamtracker
  league_id: NFL
  team_id: SEA
  name: "Seattle Seahawks"

I think I see the issue. On Github I used “SE” as the team_id. It is SEA. Changing the code on Git now.

2 Likes

Ah. It’s in your sensor.yaml but its entered as “SE” instead of “SEA”. Needs to be updated on your github. I’ll test again tomorrow. Thanks!

Keep in mind that when you change that, Home Assistant is going to create sensor.seattle_seahawks_2 …

Absolute pain in the ass.

Best to delete it.
Restart HA
Put it back in with SEA
Restart HA

With all the NHL, NFL, MLB, NBA teams I was bound to get a few wrong!