Spotcast - custom component to start playback on an idle chromecast device

Seems like entity_id mapping is not working in some situations. Try using device_name instead of entity_id.
For entity_id to work the friendly name in the entity_id needs to be exactly matching the device name in chromecast

Hi,

I’ve setup the spotify card and installed you’re spotcast plugin from HACS, i can see my playlist but when i try to play something it give’s the following error: Failed to call service spotcast/start. 400 Client Error: Bad Request for url: https://accounts.spotify.com/api/login any idea what i did wrong?
I also have the Spotify intergration set up, is this a problem?

Greetings Ikke68,

And if i click on the panel in where the card is located i get redirected to a page saying: ‘INVALID_CLIENT: Invalid redirect URI’ any idea what i did wrong boys and girls?

That seems to have worked. Thanks!

Please read the documentation in the README for both spotcast and spotify-card (the latter is what your question is about which is not this thread)

In short, you have not installed both and have not configured the card correctly

Every time I start the playback I get an email from Spotify:

We noticed a new login to your account. Here are the details:

Is there a way around that?

Unfortunatly not go nu knowledge because of the token being fetched as if it was a webplayer login. What I have done is made a filter to delete those emails

1 Like

Thanks for the idea!

renaming the device in HA

Thanks for the information.
When not using it, there seems to be a recurring number of 5612 requests per day, which seems a bit odd.
Will the Spotify card perform any requests even when not added to any Lovelace view?
In any case, I have removed it from HACS as a test and also removed the standard Spotify card to see if the number goes down.

What is the correct parameter to repeat playlists? I see track and context as options in this thrad. Kinda confused as ‘context’ is unclear to me what that does. Do I’m not sure you can even repeat playlists. Anyone can confirm?

So I have everything configured, but am having an issue with the “Chromecast Devices” and “Spotify Connect Devices.”

There is no issue with selecting any device on the “Spotify Connected Devices”; however, the Chromecast devices (the 3 google homes that I have) are not listed. Instead, they’re in the “Chromecast Devices.” When I select to stream on one of these Chromecast Devices, I get the following error:

Failed to call service spotcast/start. extra keys not allowed @ data[‘transfer_playback’]

I already searched this thread (and others) to fix the error and unfortunately, most of it’s referencing a script that someone is running that contains redundant data. I DID initially have the standard integration configured, but I have removed it.

I also verified spotcast.start exists in the services tab in Dev Tools and that the speakers are appropriately named.

What did I do wrong? Do I not have Spotcast fully configured?

Repeat is not implemented as far as I remember

You are using an old spotify card (also no support here. It is another community forum thread)

Let me know what you found.
The card will not perform any requests if Is not shown

That’s strange, what does this mean then (as on your README.md)

• repeat optional parameter that repeats the playlist/track

Forgot about that. You are right
Just add it and it should put the spotify playback into repeat mode.

Doesn’t it work?

https://github.com/fondberg/spotcast/blob/0a52177edda100086a1e93efdd380ce011251d9a/custom_components/spotcast/init.py#L129

Well my question is what do I set to repeat the playlist? I read I can either set ‘track’ or ‘context’. Does it work with playlists or only tracks? I used ‘playlist’ but didn’t seem to work.

Oh. Well, that explains a lot, thank you. I’ll try to dig up the new one.

I installed via HACS, and it’s the current version, so I’m not seeing where the problem may lie.