Spotify "Discovered" Out Of Nowhere

Is there any way to find out what integration is causing Spotify to show up as a discovered integration? A month or so it just appeared, and nobody uses it on anything? Of course, I can ignore it… but I like to know what is making itself at home on my network.

It could have come in through a firmware update on a stereo receiver or something, but I’d like to figure out why it’s here…

Thanks for any ideas…
Steve

1 Like

It was exposed as a service in Core 2021.7.3 - details here.

If you don’t want it, just ignore it.

1 Like

So it shows even if you don’t use it? Is there a way to disable that service?

It just offers the integration when a spotify device is detected on your network.

If you don’t want it, just ignore the integration and it should go quiet.

Yeah, that’s what I was getting at though. I am unaware of any Spotify devices on my network. I’m trying to figure out where it’s coming from.

I have the same issue here.
Random Spotify notifications, but I don’t use Spotify.

No idea where it is detecting it. Nothing in the logs (supervisor, host, multicast, Etc).

Would be good if it logged the IP and any details, but I cannot think of anything that would be picked up as a Spotify device/activity on my network.

Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Old486whizz

I got a Yamaha Receiver… That has multicast features. Do you have something like that? Perhaps we can compare our integrations and see if we have something in common?