Spotify does not find Sonos Players in source

I was told in the gitter chat that I should be able to play spotify playlists on whichever Sonos player I like, so long as I have streamed sonos to that speaker once. Although the Sonos speaker will show up as a source in the dev next to media_player.spotify, it will not be added to the list and is unusable in automation.

I have the same issue.

Me too. I was hoping I could use the Spotify component to get around the current issue with Sonos not being able to play any Spotify favourites but this won’t work either. Anyone have a workaround?

You are not “streaming to” a Sonos speaker. The Sonos speaker does the streaming by itself.

Sonos has Spotify Connect built in. When using the Spotify interface I can see my Sonos and 2 other devices. In Home Assistant with the Spotify component I’m only seeing those 2 other devices. I’d expect Sonos to be there too.

Tracked down the likely issue. The spotify web api doesn’t list Sonos devices when it’s called. A fix would need to be made in HA to emulate Sonos being a device that can be streamed to.

https://developer.spotify.com/web-api/console/get-users-available-devices/

Pretty much the same goes for type: "CastAudio" devices, which only shows up as a device when actually playing music.

Same issue here, can’t find my Sonos speakers :frowning:

Has this been resolved yet?

Anyone have a workaround for this?

Hi a workaround is to install a logitech squeezebox server.
Activate the plugins :

• upnp/dlna bridge
  • spotty

Upnp/dlna bridge will create a virtual squeezebox (squeezelite) for each upnp/dlna device (like a sonos for example :wink: )
Then Spotty will create a spotify connect device for each squeezebox, including the one creates virtually for the sonos.

The result will be that a new spotify connect device will be created for your sonos. There is a little delay but it’s working fine with the spotify API.

I recommand ethernet connections instead wifi to minimize delays and avoid problems.

Thanks for the insight!
Is it then possible to group Sonos devices together to play the same music in different rooms?
Regards