Spotify Lovelace Card

Yes I saw this, Thank Yuo!

I have an issue with the card. It doesn’t load the playlists. It doesn’t matter if i choose between featured, default or discover weekly. All the controls work. Anyone have any idea?
Config and screenshots:

client_id: ***************
device: media_player.rx_d485_9e73a6_main
limit: 10
player: media_player.rx_d485_9e73a6_main
type: 'custom:spotify-card'
account: default

1 Like

same problem here, i haven’t found a solution yet either

Hey, sorry for the late reply. Do you still have this problem? If yes, are you using any ad blocker or anything similar as I can see from the logs you provided the connection to spotify failed?

So I have this working fine with two spotify accounts but I was wondering if anyone has every tried to configure a lovelace dashboard to dynamically display the playlist of the account based on the user that is logged into home assistant?

I also have this issue. Spotcast seems to be working fine, as I can initiate playback with the spotcast.start service…And the card even displays what is playing (though possibly only if started via the service?), but no playlists ever load, and the controls seem unresponsive.

Can you please show me the output in the developer console of your browser? From the screenshot @zackern sent I can only see that there’s some kind of connection problem.

I am not sure if you can set default device(source: alexa, google) when you click a playlist. I know there are listing of device button, but would like to know if we can set a default one per card; since there are multiple users too

what a great lovelace card! Many thanks!

is there away to see the contents of a playlist and select a song?

Same problem here

Can you please double check your spotcast setup? Spotcast is needed for the retrieval of the playlists.

1 Like

Thanks, it was my sp_key and sp_dc who were out-dated

1 Like

@fondberg, very useful card! Nevertheless it displays all the playlist available in the “standard” Spotify order. Is it possible to filter the diplayed playlist? Would be possible to include this feature?
I create something like this but with picure cards…

Hello,

Can someone help me with the following error?

[1848468288] Received invalid command: spotcast/accounts

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/websocket_api/connection.py:84
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:11:22 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:11:22 AM

[1848468288] Received invalid command: spotcast/accounts

Good evening everyone. I’m successfully loading the card into Dwains Dashboard/Custom Theme, but the Play, Next, Previous, and Shuffle buttons aren’t working either in mobile or on chrome browser on PC. Anyone experiencing a similar issue?

When I click the shuffle button, I’m also getting this error “Failed to call service media_player/shuffle_set. sequence item 0: expected str instance, Optional found”

Note, the card is working fine in the generic lovelace dashboard so not sure where to start for diagnosing this one. Thanks.

EDIT: After a few reboots and refreshes, appears it’s working better on a PC. Not working on the iPhone app. Feels like it’s an issue with the theme not properly rendering the card.

Hi, first of al my compliments for this lovely card. Brilliant job!
After the upgrade to core-2021.1.4 the items shown in the card are suddenly in black and white (rather than colour before the upgrade).
Has anyone else encountered this issue?
And is there a fix?

Kind regards

Bert Bakker

If there is no device for playback found, the covers are displayed in grey. Might this be the case for you?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply
As far as i can recall the playback devices were shown. But might be wrong. Did not try playback at that time. Since rebooting HA again today (after upgrade to 2021,1,15 all is fine again.
Thanks again

Sorry to bump. Curious if anyone knows how to fix this issue.

Good evening everyone. I’m successfully loading the card into Dwains Dashboard/Custom Theme, but the Play, Next, Previous, and Shuffle buttons aren’t working either in mobile or on chrome browser on PC. Anyone experiencing a similar issue?

When I click the shuffle button, I’m also getting this error “Failed to call service media_player/shuffle_set. sequence item 0: expected str instance, Optional found”

Note, the card is working fine in the generic lovelace dashboard so not sure where to start for diagnosing this one. Thanks.

EDIT: After a few reboots and refreshes, appears it’s working better on a PC. Not working on the iPhone app. Feels like it’s an issue with the theme not properly rendering the card.

i get this error when i’ll play a playlist

(my spotcast integration work fine, spotify us also installed)