Spotify Lovelace Card

Hi Chris. Interested in your take. I have a Sonos ecosystem and love the look of the spotify-card.

Looking for a way to intercept when you click a playlist, and to pass that along to a script or a service-call, as it is possible as you say to start up a Spotify Playlist on Sonos speakers.

Have you figured this out?

Hello,
my Spotify Lovelace Card turned to gray scale and i’m not able to control anything. When i press any button from the playlists i get an error message "Failed to call service spotcast/start. string value is None for dictionary value @ data[‘spotify_device_id’].
I checked my spotify account settings in my configuration file, my spotcast settings also i see “No devices found” , but when i play something in any of my deivces i see the song title and the device where spotify is active.

I’ve actually come up with some code (heavily inspired by this card), which fetches the playlists from SpotCast and can cast to a configurable player, e.g. a sonos player. I have the proof of concept up on GitHub, in case you’re interested https://github.com/ChrisK91/sonos-playlist-card

I’m working on getting a current playing indicator as well, but I’m quite busy at the moment. It can however display a grid and should be customizable with the custom card css. I’ll try to add some more functionality the coming days. My javascript is quite rusty…

2 Likes

Oh wow! This is awesome. Will give it a shot. Bookmarked your github to monitor updates.

Many thanks for the effort. Please do keep working on it!

I got the same problem. Didn’t find a solution.

Same here bud. Thought it was just me!

There seems to be an issue with the Spotify api. You can try this fix, worked for me: https://github.com/fondberg/spotcast/commit/c6b29531fb0836c7665a020c18fc33a99fba9dc3

Anyone,

Is featured and discover-weekly and the default the only playlist we can chose?

Is it possible to add:

• albums
  • categories (this wuld rock ,all the categories)

Why i ask?
Well i would like to use the media browser function , but i cant select the output there.

What i’m trying to achieve (i went away from sonos to only cast devices):
A popup card showing a library , where i can chose from albums/ playlists/ categories
Chose an album or playlist and play it on the device i select…

• able to chose from different spotify accounts

is that possible?

I think it’s not possible at the moment. But you can always add your media browser in an iframe, as a popup card to achieve this.

type: 'custom:button-card'
show-name: false
show-icon: true
icon: 'mdi:play-box-multiple-outline'
size: 35px
styles:
  card:
    - background: transparent
    - box-shadow: none
tap_action:
  action: fire-dom-event
  browser_mod:
    command: popup
    title: Media Browser
    hide_header: false
    large: false
    card:
      type: iframe
      url: 'YOUR HA INSTANCE ADDRESS/media-browser'
      aspect_ratio: 200%
1 Like

See my post (#721) and related screenshot: I used picture cards to list some of my playlist or album in a specific HA view. When you click an album cover, it plays. I don’t know if useful

Yesterday I found a problem with Spotify Lovelace card:
spotify

I have no devices. Strange. My Spotify works and sp_dc and sp_key is correct, BUT no devices.
Tried the FORK in post by suxlala but it didnt work.

Version 3.4.7

Anyone?

I have the same issue.

There is an open issue on Github for this ( No device · Issue #145 · custom-cards/spotify-card (github.com)

I have released a new version of spotcast which fixes the card as well.
Ping @FL550

3 Likes

Hello,

I’ve been using spotcast and this card for the last year and I love it.
My only problem is that I always have to go to integration → Spotify and reload the integration to make it fully work, otherwise I’m only able to launch the first saved playlist in my card but can’t control anything else.

After I reload the integration I can fully use the card again, but only last for a bit.

I tried searching in this thread but couldn’t find a similar problem to mine.
Does anyone know what it can be?

Hello,

I don’t know whether to post this here or in the Spotcast thread. However, I installed the Spotify integration and the Spotcast one. I even upgraded my Spotify to premium. Still I get this error when loading the component. I know spotcast is in fact installed correctly as I have the spotcast chromecast sensor and spotcast.start available under developer tools → services and it works. I’m all out of ideas. I have reinstallede the Spotify Integration, Spotcast and this component several times. any idea what to do?

Thanks

You probably have renamed the media player spotify. Add config to tell the card the name of the spotify entity

I have no idea what can be wrong. Try check the logs

—SOLVED—

Hi!

I’ve got the same problem as AnneEjsing. I had already spotify premium.
The only failure was that I’ve installed first “custom-cards/spotify-card” and then the “Spotify Integration”. I 've already tried reinstalling “custom-cards/spotify-card” → no success!

Any idea?

spot

EDIT:
Sorry my failure! I can’ read. :sweat_smile: I forgot to install “Spotcast”.

Hi, I updated hassio today and noticed that I have the “Loading…” issue on 2 of the 3 accounts linked in our family plan.

The main account on spotcast config is not working. Only the account which I have integrated with Spotify is working as normal.

Here is the config, only the “rox” version is working (which is the one that I set up the Spotify Hassio integration with.)

Please help :slight_smile:
Thanks