Spotify Lovelace Card

I have the same problem, when I add the card I can see the accounts playlist - but when I save the card it say loading like yours (so the keys work for all my accounts) (HA is installed on Home Assistant Blue) only my default account is working

same problem here!

It happens from 2 or 3 weeks on my HA.

The “Choose Player” field is not showing all my devices. None of my Echo devices are there. I have 3 fire TV sticks (all the same - 4k) but it is only showing 2 of them. Any idea why?

GREAT card!

Unfortunately I´m facing some bloody issues:

1. Control buttons not working. Play/Pause, previous/next, volume control - not functional at all :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
  2. Not all available Spotify connect devices are listed: e. g. my iPhone is shown as current player (when used for playing) but not listed as device - so I could never switch to it using this card.

Any ideas on this? Is it a UI issue or Spotcast issue? Not sure where to start.

Anyway, makes the card pretty beautiful but non-functional in the end for the time being :frowning:

Hi! This card is awesome, especially since the last version that works with Sonos devices ! :smiley:
Is there a plan to integrate the Spotify media library as well, like on the Spotify media player card ? It wouldn’t limit this card to using playlists only.
Thanks !

How did you manage to get Sonos to work? I still can’t :frowning:

You need to find your spotify device id. Follow this tutorial GitHub - fondberg/spotcast: Home assistant custom component to start Spotify playback on an idle chromecast device as well as control spotify connect devices

It only finds my iphone. I’ll need to run some more experiences.
But thank you for confirming it should work!

Make sure you play Spotify tracks on your Sonos player prior to searching for the ID. If I remember correctly, I didn’t find my Sonos ID with the get_spotify_devices entry in the logs, but it was something similar. You can search for your Sonos device name too.

1 Like

I’m trying to get the “Spotify Lovelace Card” working with the ability to control the different Alexa speakers as “devices” . Spotcast is set up. I was able to access the log and get a “device ID” but this pulls up an error when I place the Device ID in the Lovelace card. I tried to turn on other Alexa devices to find another Spotify Device - but no such luck.

"spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DZ06evO2fpz2h" (random_song: False)
2021-08-08 14:39:53 ERROR (SyncWorker_45) [spotipy.client] HTTP Error for PUT to https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/play?device_id=62a66a702b3d286772641c94ebc0c05b1088d5d9 returned 404 due to Device not found
2021-08-08 14:39:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [547163319552] http status: 404, code:-1 - https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/play?device_id=62a66a702b3d286772641c94ebc0c05b1088d5d9:

I’ve also tried to use the regular Lovelace Media control card connected to my Spotify account. I’m able to search through the catalog and choose a playlist - but get another error when I choose that playlist. Not sure if this is related or not.

Failed to call service media_player/play_media. No active playback device found"

Anyone have issues with their device Spotify ID changing every few days? I have a Sony AVR and this keeps happening.

That’s strange … i can’t find my Sonos Device ID … but if i start a song on the Sonos App, the Spotify Card shows the Sonos Device. But i can’t choose it to play a song … there are only my Echo dots and Chromecast Devices shown.

Hello, is it possible to make Spotify play on on media player created with browser_mod ?

I have a tablet in the kitchen with an audio dock and I would like to make this tablet play Spotify playlist using browser_mod and fully kiosk browser.

Hi @fondberg , question:
I have a denon receiver, the spotify card detects it as a spotify connect device, that works
But my denon has seperate zones that i can control, HA detect its correct as multiple media players… but the card only detects the main zone… is there a way to include the other 2 zone media players manually to the list? so i can cast to them?

thnx in advance

Did anyone get it to work with Sonos speakers?
Who even listens with a google home? :wink:

for some reason, this is what I get when I play music on the Sonos

2021-11-25 12:23:46 DEBUG (SyncWorker_9) [custom_components.spotcast.helpers] get_spotify_devices: media_player.spotify_cheznath: Spotify Cheznath: []
2021-11-25 12:23:46 DEBUG (SyncWorker_9) [custom_components.spotcast.helpers] get_spotify_devices: {'devices': []}

This: {'devices': []} is where it usually gives me the device id

Mat, could you check and see where you found the Sonos device ID? Did it ever work for you? I can’t seem to find anything in the log regarding Sonos and Spotify.
Thanks

Hello, is it possible to make this awesome card touchscreen friendly ? expecialy for choosing devices (its a mouse over and its not working well for touchscreen device) also volume. Thank you! I tried to find it in the .js code… its too much for me

don’t quote me but you but you may want to install " Home Panel" …Uses a customisable and themeable card based UI which can be used on a touch screen.

Spotcast only starts Spotify on Google Cast devices.

unfortunately, I have a problem, it refreshes all the time, cannot connect and cannot find gaming devices, what will I do wrong ??