Spotify Lovelace Card

I’ve just discovered this integration today after switching form tidal to spotify, very useful.

Quick question hopefully - is the visual editor in the lovelace UI looking broken for everyone or is it something specific to my set up? It has options but they don’t seem to change the yaml nor be laid out in any logical way.

1 Like

Ditto. I asked this awhile ago as well. I’ve found it is best to enable the options via YAML which is a tedious process compared to if the UI worked.

Thanks. I don’t mind using yaml but I’m finding I need to refer to this thread to find configuration variables that aren’t in the documentation. oh well!

1 Like

Hi I figured this out, if you change the line :
ha-card {
–ha-card-border-width: 0;
–rgb-state-media-player: var(–album-art-color);
to

ha-card {
–ha-card-border-width: 0;
–rgb-state-media-player: var(–rgb-blue);

or whatever colour you want

Hi there, Love your card! Just created a template with it :slight_smile: thank you!

I’m having weird control behaviors does it happen with you as well? Did you managed to fix it?

Hi Niklas. I installed your beautiful card. A few issues:

• the volume button doesn’t respond.
  • it there an option to choose specific songs, instead of playlists?
  • it there an option to add streaming radiostations?
    Thanks.
    (I also notice some Spotify Connect speakers appear/disappear. But that may be to my network/sound system, spread over 7 rooms with 7 different amplifiers.)

Just started using this card. What is the YAML for ‘Hide all Chromecast Devices’? Couldn’t find it in the documentation and the Visual Editor doesn’t seem to work.

it is a way of changing the controls icon color from white to something which is more visible over white backgrounds?

Everything is working perfectly now! After extensive testing and attempting, I was on the verge of giving up. However, after restarting Home Assistant, everything miraculously started working :D.

Now, is there a way to integrate Sonos into the player?"

1 Like

What do you mean by your last question?

Hello,

I have a Spotify card and a Mini Media player card. When starting Spotify outside HA (via website of spotify) I get this :

As you can see the Spotify card doesn’t load any more…

In the logs I see a problem with spotcast…

Can someone help me on this ?

Removed and reinstalled the spotify integration, but no luck… :pensive:

custom:spotify-card also stopped working for me a few days or weeks ago.

Found it !

The problem is sp_dc and sp_key have changed.

Follow these steps : GitHub - fondberg/spotcast: Home assistant custom component to start Spotify playback on an idle chromecast device as well as control spotify connect devices

2 Likes

I just noticed my playlists don’t load anymore. The box just sits there with “Loading…”

Controls still work, it shows the currently playing song and the output devices pop up can be used. Is anyone else experiencing this? I’m not sure if it’s due to the recent 2024.4 release yesterday or something before as this is not on my main screen so I don’t know when the issue started.

Me too.
Tried new keys. No luck.
I can kick off a playlist from spotcast service, so presume that means my keys are working.
normal media player stuff works fine…but playlist loader is broken.
Only one account.
So damn close - but so far!

s.

It happens exactly the same as you

Hi, I deleted the card and added it again with same keys as before.
That worked for me. I google and tested other cards/integrations for hours before i tried this.

Did you delete the credentials or not?

I didnt do anything on Spotify “admin page” . I deleted the card and installed it through hacs again.
The credentials wasn´t saved so I pasted them from Spotify admin page and it worked directly (without updating them).