Hello everyone - I am trying to replicate this setup in Lovelace and have come completely unstuck trying to get Spotify to authorise. I simply cannot get Spotify to get past an “Illegal scope” response.
Steps so far - I have been to developer.spotify.com and made my application, got my client_id, client_secret, and been editing the Redirect URIs. HA is working; Node-Red is installed and working with node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket and node-red-contrib-spotify; my Spotify account is automatically detected by HA, as is my Sonos system; my Spotify account is Premium Family.
client_id: !secret SPOTIFY_CLIENT_ID
client_secret: !secret SPOTIFY_CLIENT_SECRET
A few things I have tried so far with the redirect URIs (I think I tried everything) in every post on the net.
- Started with http://homeassistant.mylocaldomain.net:8123/auth/external/callback - of course keeping Node-Red and Spotify consistent every time
- Then removed the port (in both Spotify and Node-Red of course)
- Then went to the IP address instead of the domain name, with and without the port
- Changed the URI to http://192.168.88.40:8123/hassio_ingress/5nonsense-12_blah/spotify-credentials/auth/callback and repeated all above
- Tried to re-enter the resulting URI from Spotify, in private window and normal, logged out and in again a few times, etc.
- Waited 24 hours in case requests are throttled, tried again
- Tested my account with Spotify directly - it works
- Tried it again in Postman and got a bit stuck there - inconclusive results as I am not a Postman expert
- Tried this in Chrome and Firefox
- Googled extensively…
All this and I just get Illegal scope - every. time.
My general level of experience with computers is pretty high, I am a bit of an HA beginner though. I am starting to think something else is wrong here, not just the URI, Node-Red and Spotify. What am I missing?