Squeezebox authorisation problem

I’ve
I’ve just password-protected my LMS (Squeezebox) server, and now my HA Squeezebox commands are failing with this error message:

[homeassistant.components.media_player.squeezebox] Query failed, response code: 401 Full message: <ClientResponse(http://192.168.1.25:9000/jsonrpc.js) [401 Unauthorized]>

I have my LMS user & password configured as follows:

media_player:
  - platform: squeezebox
    host: 192.168.1.25
    username: MyLMSUserName
    password: MyLMSPassword

Any idea why the authentication isn’t working? I’m running HA 0.61.1 on Lubuntu

I’m having this same issue. Hope someone chimes in with some suggestions. I’ve tried single and double quotes around my password and no luck. Thought maybe a special character needed to be escaped, tried putting a backslash in front of it, still no luck. :frowning:

I hate to be reviving an old thread but this is the exact scenario I now face. I had previously had no authentication (or IPs blocked) but have recently turned them on. Everything was working fine before making the change -I have the same 401 error (username / password) in the debug log as the OP.

My password does include a # character.

Is the username / password still entered in the config.yaml when using the integration? If so, what should be used as an escape character or do I need to change my password?

Why don’t you try resetting it to one without special characters?

I wanted to use a complex password but have now changed it to a basic one.

I tried adding the section to my config.yaml like in days of old…

media_player:

• platform: squeezebox
    host: 192.168.1.116
    port: 9090
    username: username
    password: password

but just get an error,

It’s not possible to configure squeezebox media_player by adding platform: squeezebox to the media_player configuration. Please check the documentation for more information on how to set up this integration.

Is there a provision for using login credentials with the Squeezebox / LMS integration?

I figured out how to resolve this problem.

Using WinSCP (enable show hidden files in the Panels section), I manually edited /homeassistant/.storage/core.config_entries and added username and password to the following section…

Original lines contained the following:

"domain": "squeezebox",
    "title": "192.168.0.100",
    "data": {
      "host": "192.168.0.100",
      "port": 9000
    },

Changes I made to include the LMS credentials:

"domain": "squeezebox",
    "title": "192.168.0.100",
    "data": {
      "host": "192.168.0.100",
      "port": 9000,
      "username": "MyUsername",
      "password": "MyPassword"
    },

BTW, that is not my IP address nor password – complex passwords work just fine.

I saved the file, went to Developer Tools, selected “Restart”, then “Restart Home Assistant” and all LMS clients were connected and manageable via Home Assistant (including Text to Speech).

For those Interested, I use cards similar to those Mey mentions here and it works well across devices and browsers. Squeezelite-X, VLC, a JBL Link View, Rio / Dell Receivers (SliMP3 emulation) and various Logitech SB devices all work great.

Brian has a great guide for those who may be considering this. I have also tested the Logitech / Lyrion Media Server Add-on - very slick!