SR658 Solar Water Heater contoller integration

Welcome everyone !

I’ll say at the outset that I’m new here and I’m just starting to build my home assistant system.
I immediately ran into my first major problem, for which I have not been able to find a solution anywhere.
I have a vacuum tube solar collector what is managed by an SR658 solar controller, I have problems using the system, I would like a couple of things to work differently, since these problems cannot be controlled from the menu, so I would like to solve this with homeassistant.
Unfortunately, this device does not have a communication port, despite the description on the linked page, not only does it lack a connector, but there is also no cable.
However, it has an SD Card slot where you log the data with a time stamp.
My idea is that I can share the SDCard data using a BIGTREETECH Module BTT TF Cloud V1.0 SD Cloud Wireless Transmission Module.
However, I don’t know how to integrate them into my homeassistance, is there a way to attach this drive to the system and have the integration read the data from there?
The file format can be easily imported into Excel, I am attaching the sample.
Is this idea feasible or should I choose another path?
Thank you for your help in advance.
Sorry for my English, I’m using a translator.

Hi, this controler has a RS485 port (485-A and 485-B). The telegrams are not hard to decode. I own a SR1188 and I’m in the middel of the process of decoding the telegrams.
Connect a RS485<>USB adapter, and hook up a serial port terminal. Set at 4800/8N1 and see if any data comes through.

I welcome you
I regret to inform you that the RS485 port is listed on the data sheet of the device I received, but there is no such option on the sheet. I disassembled the device and couldn’t find the option either.

Typical chinese %$#$%…
Sorry!

Hi - I’ve had an SR1168 for close to 10 years and way back then I found a Java app that reads the 1168. It’s been a LONG time since I played with it, it just works

Here’s what it puts out - jt will read a bunch of other stuff that I don’t use:
TABLE SolarWater
START_SAMPLE_PERIOD
tankTop=68
collector=42
tankBottom=51
END_SAMPLE_PERIOD
END_TABLE.

Drop me a note if you’d like to collaborate on getting this into HomeAssistant,

Clay Jackson
Prosser, WA, USA
[email protected]

…I did but never got a reply :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Sorry- been busy sorting out hardware upgrades in my lab, and traveling for my “day job”.

Hoping to get back to this in a few weeks

1 Like