SSH configuration

Hi.

I’m not sure to understand how to configure the SSH add-on.
I can remote login on port 22222 as expected, but how it logs on the host. How can I reach a specific Docker container from here? e.g. how can I access the /config directory from a remote SSH session ?

Moreover, that is the expected setting here:
Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 22.05.54

I do not get how “22/tcp” relates to “Container”, nor how “disabled” relates to “Host”. What is the expected string here to replace ‘disabled’. Whichever value I use, it is reset to “disabled” on restart.

Thanks !

22 is the TCP/IP port number number that is the standard port number for ssh.
When you use the SSH add-on, it provides a container named addon_core_ssh. When you use normal ssh, without the -p option, it will use port 22, and port 22 is processed by the addon_core_ssh container. Once logged in, you are actually inside the ssh container.

Hi.

I do not get what to fill in the “disabled” field, and how to reach the Core configuration files from a SSH session.

Thanks.

The “disabled” field should be set to 22.
Once you get ssh addon running, if you use the addon’s GUI terminal or if you want to login from a remote terminal you use ssh [email protected] to get access to homeassistant. Next all you have to do is cd config and you will be in homeassistant’s core configuration directory.