Stacking of sensor data

I would like to be able to display the combined value of two sensors without using a sensor helper to combine them in the energy dashboard.

I have CT clamps on both the compressor portion of my heat pump and separate one on the air handler portion. I know I can create a sensor helper that combines the two into one, but I would like to display the two stacked instead but still providing a total, like this: https://imgur.com/a/PjkdubF

This is not an FR.
This is a someone please build a template sensor for me because I don’t want to bother to know how.

1 Like

If not a Template Sensor, then what do you propose would display the sum of two values?

Do you want all cards Which card do you want to offer this feature?

1 Like

The energy dashboard allows you to add multiple entities to all sections. What happens if you add both?

I’m sorry if my feature request doesn’t meet your criteria for the same. Perhaps instead of attempting to insult my intelligence or imply that I don’t want to bother to learn something based on nothing more than an assumption on your part, that instead you make an attempt to educate. I believe your post is implying that a template sensor can do this, but you’re just coming across as rude. Finally, I had asked the same question on Discord and was advised by someone there that I might consider opening an FR.

The Individual Devices card of the Energy Dashboard.

I’m not sure what you mean by “section”, but I’ve added both devices to Individual Devices and the both appear individually, but I want a combined total that still shows the individual amounts in the bar graph representing the total. Ideally, a mouse over of the yellow area would provide the total for the compressor, and the purple the air handler.

Pretty sure apex charts card can do this. You’ll probably still need that template sensor though.

I don’t know if there’s another name for it, but this is what I’m referring to:

Thanks, I’ll look into that.

I think this card, is representing solar and grid perhaps? So it looks like a similar feature exists elsewhere.

I may be wrong, but I always though those were cards, but then I was just looking at this page which lists the energy cards. Either way, all of my energy sensors have been added to the Individual Devices one.

I didn’t call them cards for exactly that reason: if I say that, someone may go look for them to add it to another dashboard, but you can’t. It would be confusing. They’re not (Lovelace) cards.

Regardless of that, I originally understood you to talk about the main consumption chart (like having multiple inverters, batteries or sets of solar panels), not the individual device tracking, because that is as it says: individual. If you want to make multiple entities look like one you will need to combine them with a template sensor.

I don’t actually want them to have their values combined, but rather I want them stacked. The Air Handler portion of my heat pump also has a resistive electric heater inside that kicks in due to a variety of variables. Much like how the Energy Usage Graph is able to show a multi-colour graph indicating how much of your energy consumed came from grid vs. solar, I want to see how much of my heat pump’s energy consumption came from the Air Handler vs the Compressor.

I spent some time this evening putting together a Grafana dashboard that plots those two values along with the current outside temperature, I’ll likely just use that for my use case.

I understand that, but that’s the best you can do if you want it on the energy dashboard.

As already stated, use ApexCharts if you want it in HA.

Looks like what I was asking for has been addressed:

Thanks to @karwosts