Stand Data

Any way to access activity “stand” data via the 2.0 iOS app? I’ve love to have a notification kick off if I’m about to blow a “stand point,” as Apple’s notification on the watch only fires intermittently.

Only way I can see is sensor.activity == ‘Stationary’ for: xx minutes.

1 Like

This seems highly unreliable, at least in my setup/experience so far.

Robbie looked into this before and it was determined that stand data and activity rings are part of “HealthKit” which Apple is a lot more strict about (for good reason as health info is private/sensitive data). The App Store guidelines state that the primary purpose of your app must be health and fitness oriented in order to use Health data, and that’s not the case for the Home Assistant iOS app obviously. So it’s more of a policy thing than a technical thing.

Closest you can probably get to this currently is Tom’s idea, but that isn’t a perfect solution for something like this since the activity sensor updates irregularly and will not be accurate in a lot of situations. For example you could have your phone sitting on the desk while you’re in the back yard mowing the lawn or cleaning the house, and sensor.activity will list you as “Stationary” even though you’re actually active.

TL:DR it’s not possible (currently) due to App Store policies and there’s no reliable way to automate this currently either.

2 Likes

I’m wondering since this reply was over 3 years ago. Is there any update on this or is it still not possible?