Start an Add-on with Lovelace Button instead of Menu

Is there a way I can start an Add-On (MotionEye is what I am trying to open) from a LoveLace button Card? I am looking for a solution that will work on both the Web and IOS Mobile App. I am using HASSIO on RaspPi with Add-Ons added via the Supervisor.

Using a button to see our camera feeds is more “intuitive” for my spouse than having to go the menu button. (Note: I have tried a Lovelace Page with all of the Camera feeds on it but find that MotionEye Page is more responsive and the feeds load much faster than the LoveLace camera feeds)

thanks

You gotta find out the slug for the add-on, then use the hassio.addon_start service.

thanks Petro,

I don’t think my question was worded correctly. The add on is already running. What I want to do is shift the main iFrame to show the add-on display using a LoveLace button on the main UI rather than having to select it from the left hand menu. I’m not sure if this is possible or not.

ah yes, for tap_action on a button, just use the ‘navigate’ keyword and provide the URL that you want to link to. Just copy the url for the add-on and you’re done.

Thanks, that did the trick. I had tried that before but failed to put the leading ‘/’ on the URL stub. Adding the leading ‘/’ made it work as expected. thanks again.

1 Like