State of tuya ceiling fan is not changed in HA

I have a Tuya ceiling fan with led-light. Everything working perfectly in LocalTuya. I can change on/of, fan speed, direction, light on/off, dimming. The only problem I have is that if the light or fan is turned on or off with the remote the state doesn’t change in HA. Because of that some automations don’t work either like turning of the light because HA thinks it’s already off. I tried with and without the scan interval option in the configuration, but that doesn’t help.

Any tips to get this working?

Am I the only one with this problem?

Does the state change in the tuya smartlife app when you use the remote? There are several tuya fan models- I have two different ones, and both update status with the remote. Which model do you have?

The rf function is seperate of the wifi function, but status should feed to the wifi chip if rf controlled. It’s possible your device is defective, or is not configured correctly in local tuya.

I’m looking at replacing the chip with an esp chip and flashing with tasmota to completely get it out of tuya’s cloud.

There appears to be an option to use the existing chip and flash with openbeken as well

https://www.elektroda.com/rtvforum/topic3895301.html

Also see my post for configuring it in localtuya

Yes, the state in the smartlife app changes when I use the remote.
This is the fan I have:
https://www.create-store.com/us/pro-ventiladores-de-techo/90890-windligth-curve-dc-ultra-quiet-40w-dc-ceiling-fan.html?id_c=223100#_

I bought it a couple of months ago and I never got the state in HA correctly when I’m using the remote.
So I think it’s not configured correctly in Localtuya.

I have been thinking about flashing it to ESPHome but I’m sure if that’s possible and I’m afraid to brick it.

Looks like the Qiachip controller is for an AC fan. Mine is a DC fan,

The key to local tuya is properly matching the id’s. Given the fan is DC, im sure id’s are different from mine. I figured mine out by toggling the fan and light on and off, and then seeing what value changes when trying to add the device in local tuya (may need to delete and readd device a few times to see this).

I’d be hesitant to flash a whole fan like yours, versus just the module, but it appears someone did it with a fan very similar to yours, and wrote up how here.

Based on that post though, it appears tuya id’s are listed if you don’t want to flash and use local tuya instead. It appears fan is id 11, and light is id 12. Those id’s should work in local tuya if you map them properly to fan and light.

It took me some time but I did find all the correct id’s. The strange thing is from the HA dashboard everything is working like it should. The only thing failing is to reflect the state of the fan or light when it is controlled by the remote. I assumed that is where the scan interval setting is ment for in the configuration, but in my case that makes no difference.

It seems like the flash on the Brilliant Bahama fan only has 3 speeds and they are trying to figure out how to get 6-speeds. My fan is a 6-speed and I can use them all with the slider function of HA. So it seems like flashing mine would be a step backwards. Maybe I have to wait for an update of LocalTuya and hope it will be supported

It’s possible there are different id’s for reporting status versus setting the device.

I didn’t need to set a scan interval for either my fans, but being mine is ac they’re not exactly the same.

I’ll see if I can find something about an ID. I’ve got the idea the scan interval is doing nothing in my case

Hi, did you ever get this working? I have exactly the same problem with my 3 speed fan. It all works, but if I turn the fan on outside of HA, the HA integration doesnt reflect the current state. I’d be interested in hearing any solutions.

No, unfortunately I never found a solution for it