Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

No problem, I’ve tried it a number of times and get the follow message…?

It appears this device does not use a ESP82xx and therefore cannot install ESP based firmware

I can see 2 different devices listed as IP and confirm the .26 which is my phone and a second .13 that appears with the above message… Is it possible they moved to a different solution? Seems odd that you guys had no problems? What version of Tuya-Convert did you use? perhaps I need to downgrade?

Thanks

I have close to 80 zigbee devices running on deconz with Conbee II without an issue

Conbee II is so far very stablefor the last 4 months

What brand of ceiling fan areyou trying to tuya convert. If its arlect brand then they have a realtek chip in them and not a esp and so cannot be converted

ah! yes it’s the Arlec brand… I purchased because further up in the thread people suggest they flashed it using Tuya-Convert… but maybe they changed the chip recently? oh well makes sense. Does anyone know of any fans that can be converted?

Successfully flashed 4 gang deta switch! Ill try and install them this weekend

1 Like

I imagine I’m speaking for a lot of us when I say I can’t wait to hear how it goes! :smiley:
Would really appreciate a tutorial if all goes well, as I’m in the market for switches and have one pesky 4 gang in my house!

Its not to hard, the hardest bit is connecting the wires to the esp which isnt to hard. You just need a fine(ish) tip soldering iron. I used the breadboard as it makes it easier to ground GPIO00 when booting.

FTDI-----ESP
VCC ----- VCC MUST BE 3.3VOLTS
GND ----- GND
RX ----- TX
TX ----- RX
GND ----- GPIO00 (For the first 3 seconds when booting)

First download Tasmotizer then:

1. Connect wires as described above
  2. Hold a ground wire to GPIO00
  3. Insert USB to PC
  4. Count 5 seconds and remove ground wire from GPIO00
  5. Click Tasmotize
  6. PROFIT!!

With tasmotizer I selected Release which downloaded the latest tasmota bin file
I also selected Backup Original Firmware and Erase Before Flashing

You can also go to the tasmota git and download the correct bin file you need if you dont want the vanilla tasmota bin file

2 Likes

Any reason you didn’t connect to the header instead of soldering?

I didnt know for sure what pin was what.

Ah I see. It would be worth getting the continuity tester out to get the pinout if you can be bothered, saves having to solder directly to the chip. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I did put my multimeter across a few pins. Was getting (what I thought) some weird readings. Cant go wrong if I go straight to the esp :wink:

that would be a third look and feel. sigh.

First-time poster, long time reader…

I managed to brick some Kogan smart plugs. My first set of Kogan plugs flashed via Tasmota to ESPhome fine 6 months ago, but since then I must have missed a step and bricked this set.

I’ve cracked one open, wired up the esp8266, and now I’m stuck.

How do I go about manually flashing the Tosmota firmware again?

These instructions look to be what I’m after, just trying to figure out the USB to serial aspect.

I’ve got an Arduino Uno R3, and a NodeMCU here, but I’m bashing my head against a wall and Google finding the right instructions to either get it in the correct mode, or prepare them to onwards flash for me via the RX-TX ports to the Kogan plug.

Considering just getting a simple UART like this one: https://core-electronics.com.au/usb-to-ttl-uart-rs232-serial-converter-module-pl2303hx-au-local-shipping.html (although I am concerned about Windows10 compatibility)…

Does anyone have one that’s cheap, will arrive timely, and they’d recommend? Or can point me in the direction of some instructions for using the Arduino or NodeMCU, if either of them would work.

Cheers

I have this one and it works great.

I’m sure you can get them cheaper from AliExpress/Banggood.

Wow. That’s some markup. They are available at less than a 10th of that cost from China.

also takes about 10 times as long to arrive :wink:

Cheers for the link. I love aliexpress for random tech, but my last order took 6 weeks to arrive due to lack of flights. So a local even if inflated option is best.

I just grabbed one for about $12 that I’ll have for the weekend. Then, hopefully I can fix these damn plugs.

Yep I have this trouble too. Ended up putting deCONZ on a separate Pi because atleast then It wouldn’t be restarted too often. Not a perfect solution by any means. It’s a pain

1 Like

I did the same move to a raspberry pi and it has been rock solid since doing so. I fear restarts of deconz a lot less now.

Hi Dan

I have a couple of these did you ever work out if you could flash them ?