State should be persisted accross restart

If a state need to be unknow, the user just need to set that to unknown at restart. This is what I do on homeseer and it should be like that by default here too. In fact that is stopping me from transferring my setup to ha!!

@balloob

1. Do not tag people like that. It is considered demanding and rude. See: https://community.home-assistant.io/t/how-to-help-us-help-you-or-how-to-ask-a-good-question/114371/1#onesix-should-i-tag-people-22

2. If you give a specific example we may be able to help.

Ok seems like this is considering offending…

Yes I am asking someone for help ( and takes into account athat a lot on people have asked for it) what is the issue ?

Would creating an issue on github be considered less offending?

This is a community, as a community member as ask for a change. So i use the forum to psss that message.

The issue is that it is rude and demanding. Don’t do it.

If you have a question, just ask it without tagging people. Particularly without tagging the project founder.

An issue may be appropriate, if it is actually an issue. Otherwise a feature request may be appropriate. Or it may be that you are just misunderstanding something, in which case we can help.

Explain your actual issue here, with a specific example.

Man , this is crazy, just delete my posts,
Is that a sort of a sect (can’t tag the founder)?

No it is just politeness. Generally don’t tag anyone, unless you are thanking them, as per the FAQ I linked you to. You should read it all.

Do you want me to delete this topic or do you want some help?

If you want help:

There are many knowledgeable people here that may be able to help you. No need to tag the project founder.

Be polite, be specific.

2 Likes