States change when editing scenes or automations

When I go to edit a scene or automation, the entities that I already have in the scene or automation change to match what is configured. An example: This morning I started to edit my “Go to Bed” scene. One of the settings I have already configured is to turn on the bedroom lights but keep them fairly dim. I also turn on my stair lights for light to get to our bedroom. This morning I edited this scene to add “lock front door”. While my wife was still asleep, I clicked on edit the scene, and the stair lights came on, and the bedroom lights came on as well. She was not happy.
Can you please let me know of a way to edit automations/scenes without it running while I am editing it?

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks @tom_l I’m glad to see others want this changed as well. One of the best comments in there was someone saying they don’t want the skylight window opening when its raining when he is editing the scene. That’s a bit scary. based on this post though, its been about 9 months without it being addressed. I’ll keep an eye open for this update.
Thanks again!

1 Like

Don’t forget to vote for the feature request.

1 Like

Just did! Thanks!