States update interval

I apologize if this is glaringly documented somewhere but I haven’t been able to find the answer. I’m looking for a method to track my wife and kid’s iPad battery levels. So i installed the app on my wife’s iPad to test. It seems to be working as I see her battery level and charging state in the states dev panel. However it doesn’t seem to automatically update. I have to go into the app and click the arrow to update location info, then the info updates. Did i miss a setting somewhere?

I also have a an issue with HA showing for like a split second then it’s just a white screen. Not a huge issue because i’m mostly just wanting the app for the background tasks. My kids don’t need access to HA but it bother’s me when things don’t work as they should so i figured i’d mention it.

I believe the battery status is only sent when the device moves (significant move)
It was at least the case when I used to use owntracks and an old version of the iOS HA app, not tested since on the iPad that’s homebound.
I currently use Life360 and helped @fribse convert on a recent post of his:
Do the entities somehow show if they are currently charging?
Maybe it’ll also give you some inspiration?

Thanks for the reply. I read that post during my research and made a mental note to check out Life360. The kid’s iPads don’t leave the house, so probably not enough movement to update using the ios app.

My kids like to leave their iPads sitting sitting around uncharged and then are mad when they go to use it and the battery is dead. lol. I’d like to have google announce when an ipad is getting low and needs to be charged and then monitor the charging status. Maybe announce when full or something.

Does Life360 pull battery level? I don’t see it in the documentation.

Yes it does hence the recommendation to use it

Ok. Thanks. I didn’t see it in the doc so wanted to make sure before I set it all up only to find it only does half of what I’m looking for. Thanks again.