Statistics Sensor - Minimum value of an average sensor?

I have a statistics sensor that tracks an average temperature over the previous 1 hour.

I’d like to get the minimum value of that sensor over the last 12 hours. Is there a way to do this?

1 Hour Avg Sensor:

- platform: statistics
    name: "Pool Water Temperature 1 Hour Avg"
    entity_id: sensor.sonoff_th15_1_ds18b20_temperature
    state_characteristic: mean
    precision: 1
    max_age:
      minutes: 60

To clarify, I’m not looking for the minimum temperature reading overall, but the minimum of the calculated hourly averages. I don’t think that the statistics sensor provides a direct way to do this, but maybe I’m wrong.

Look at the first example and change the characteristic to value_min and the max age to 1 hour.

I believe you’ve misunderstood.

I want the value_min of the (average temperature over the last 12 hours).

So there are 2 layers:

1. Average hourly temperature - which I have.
  2. The minimum of that sensor in the past 12 hours.

I have a normal value_min sensor set up already, but the problem is sometimes I’ll get lower values than the average. So, maybe the average sits around 72. But the “real-time” temp dips to 68.0 for one reading, with value_min, this becomes the new minimum for the previous 12 hours. Whereas this one 68 reading maybe changes the hourly average to 71.9, or maybe it has no impact at all.

The final goal is to show the delta between the current average and the lowest point of the day.

For example, I have this right now:

- name: "Pool Temperature Daily Delta"
    unique_id: pool_temperature_daily_delta
    state: >-
        {% set delta = ((states('sensor.pool_water_temperature_1_hour_avg') | float) - (states('sensor.pool_water_temperature_daily_min') | float)) | round(1) %}
        {% if delta >= 0 %}
          {{ '+' ~ delta }}
        {% else %}
          {{ delta }}
        {% endif %}
    unit_of_measurement: '°F'

You already have the average sensor. Use that as input for a min value sensor.

EDIT: Your original sensor is for a 1-hour average (I just realised now). Either change that to 12 hours or make another one for 12 hours. Then use that as input to the next sensor.