Step by step how to change Eclipse-mosquitto on my Synology NAS please noob

Hello everyone, I think I’m really close to having my tasmota s31 plug finally connect to the MQTT and running on my Home Assistant.

right now it won’t connect and I get Error -5 which I think has to do with the password.

The Mosquito install instructions said the user was admin and the password was password. Is that what I type into the tasmota MQTT settings page for user and password?

Sorry, like I said I’m way out of my league here.

I did add the below to the mosquitto config file.
allow_anonymous true
listener 1883

As explained here

-5 MQTT_DNS_DISCONNECTED the DNS server cannot be reached or name cannot be resolved

I always use the IP-address of the MQTT-server in Tasmota settings.

Right, and the MQTT is installed on the NAS and I have the IP set for my NAS on the Tasmota MQTT configuration page and still get this error.

Could this also be a password issue? Is the password in the config file? I did get the config file from here

How to Install Eclipse Mosquitto on Your Synology NAS – Marius Hosting

while the instructions actually came from here so the password could actually be different than the instructions say, no?
Download | Eclipse Mosquitto

Ther was so much in the source zip and the only thing I moved into the folder was the mosquitto.conf file. Is that right?

From the website " Defaults to false , unless no listeners are defined in the configuration file, in which case it set to true , but connections are only allowed from the local machine."

Doesn’t this mean that the s31 can’t connect since it’s not on the nas itself (local machine)?

Not on docker

This is my mosquitto.conf file:

# Place your local configuration in /etc/mosquitto/conf.d/
#
# A full description of the configuration file is at
# /usr/share/doc/mosquitto/examples/mosquitto.conf.gz

persistence true
persistence_location /var/lib/mosquitto/

password_file /etc/mosquitto/passwd
listener 1883

and I do have a file passwd in the same directory.