Step by Step - Unifi Protect G4 Doorbell integration with Google mini Hub

Hi Guys,

After installing the Unifi G4 doorbell I realize that it would be nice to use my Google Mini and Hub as chimes… and why not with the camera feed.

So first thing first!

Get the G4 doorbell Chime.wav and store it in the Media or the www folder in Home assistant

Make sure it’s available from URL like http://your.dyndns.org:8123/local/Chime.wav

Time to create our Doorbell Automation, So let’s go…

Select the trigger

Create a new Action

In my case I’ve added a 5 sec. delay

Since I have a Google Hub I decided to stream the doorbell video,

To do that i first stoped the media and then added the doorbell video stream

Then I repeated the doorbell sound more 5 times while the Google Hub is reproducing the live stream …
this allows me to be able to check how is at my door and at the same time to allow the doorbell to ring in case I’m distracted by something

In the end I always make a media player stop

Enjoy

4 Likes

This was really helpful. Thank you!

This still working as you intended or have you changed your method?

Thanks Sergio
Home assistant has been updated over the last year looks slightly different now but mostly is same.

@sierramike @wave0 I am considering getting the G4 door bell and would like the functionality Sierramike mentioned (streaming to Google Nest Home Max screen) - I have been reading on the net where people say it takes 30 seconds plus to get the stream on a Google display but these comments are all old. Have things improved? What is the responsiveness to stream these days? I currently have a Nest Hello which fires the stream to the Google display very quickly

1 Like

Thank you for this! I did mine so it streamed the feed to my Chromecast. However, it is extremely slow and delayed. Any ideas why this might be the case, especially since everything (Chromecast, Home Assistant and Unifi G4 Doorbell) are connected to the internet via ethernet cable?

Thanks!

1 Like