*Sticky?* Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 - Raspberry Pi4

I did this hardware modification and it worked for me. I ended up losing R33 after de-soldering it and trying too grab it with tweezers - it’s too tiny. I replaced it with 1.5K ohm 0603 size resistor which was much easier to work with. I also opted to shift the resistor to the side, so it’s only making contact to one pad, rather than stand it on end.

Hi all !
Thank you for the tips. I had to change my rapsberry from a Pi B with a Pi4, and like you the gen5 stick doesn’t work.
So I have opened it, and find a 1.5K resistor in a old alarm clock. So after looking your posts and photos (thanks), I had tried to do that. Note that I have unpluged the battery before pluging the resistor (and repluged the battery after).
Now it works, Pi4 can reconize it (for Domoticz for the moment). That’s very cool !
Thank you from France :slight_smile:

Your link seems to be dead, but I found it again on another spot👍

Happy I found this thread, there is lots of valuable information here.

Thanks for all the posts and photos. There are soldering “artists” around :slight_smile:
but kudo for doing those solders with bare eyes if you did. I am lucky enough to have a microscope and that greatly help in those cases :slight_smile:

I personally have an old stick and to my surprise “it worked(™)” right away with the RPi4.
However, after some further testing, it does not seem to be working very well.

If I unplug and replug the stick, it will not be recognized until I drain the battery (which is now old…) a little bit. So I guess I do need the mod but having an old-old device puts me on the edge of it working “sometimes”.

So I think I will do the mod and see how it goes.